Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did GGG agree to fight Rosado at a 157 lb catchweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    GGG/Lemieux did a lot more than 97k, btw. I read a report saying 350k was the real number.
    The 97K was total bull****. But the real number is 150K tops.

Comment

Rosado was only the second GGG's fight in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        The 97K was total bull****. But the real number is 150K tops.
        Rick Glazer isn't the only one who can pull numbers out of his arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
          http://www.boxingscene.com/gennady-g...-weight--60829

For this fight Gennady agreed to come down from the middleweight limit to accommodate Rosado at a catch weight” said Tom Loeffler, Managing Director of K2 Promotions, “This is unheard for a champion, that’s how much respect Gennady has for Gabriel.”Continued Sanchez.

And this is why I don't respect he or his team.

Golovkin has no nuts.

He'll fight light punching Mayweather at 154 whose only hope to win is to outpoint GGG while dancing around the ring or he'll fight the massively underdog Rosado at a 157 lb catchweight, but won't fight Canelo at 155 because it's too risky.

He'll fight Chavez Jr and Thomas O at 168, but won't fight Ward.

He'll fight a Haymon fighter in Wade, but won't fight Jacobs or Lara.

He wants it his way or no way. He doesn't bring PPV money. He doesn't have a massive audience. He doesn't want to make any sacrifices. He doesn't want to do anything but cry all day about who won't fight him
          When did he ever turn down an offer to fight Jacobs or Ward???? You have to offer a fight for someone not to fight you and Ward just called him little g but put no offer to fight on the table. Jacobs never made him an offer either. Did Ward fight anyone at all while GGG was knocking out champions and contenders? Hell no. Ward is a very sickly guy always healing up from this or that. Ward fights 3 bums in 4 years while GGG knocks out 4 guys a year. GGG is a fighter. Ward is just a talker. Lara????? What the hell has Lara done for GGG to want to waste his time chasing and knocking out this track star runner. Lara is not a money maker or an exciting fighter or even a middleweight. You b*tch about GGG not fighting Jacobs or Lara. So why aren't you b*tching about Jacobs and Lara not fighting each other since they are both Haymon fighters so it should be an easy fight to make. It seems you just want to rag on GGG and nobody else.
          Lara has had these 3 defenses of his title since his lost to Canelo. Ishe Smith 28 wins 8 losses ranked 19th by boxrec. Delvin Rodriguez ranked 42 by boxrec and Zavich ranked 21st by boxrec. GGG's last 3 title defenses in much less time were against champion Lemieux still ranked 6th by boxrec, Monroe ranked 15th by boxrec and Murray now ranked 7th by boxrec at 168. I used boxrec because they are neutral and rank fighters low enough down to include Lara's garbage opponents. There is a champion guilty of defending his title against weak unworthy challengers but it sure isn't GGG. It's your boy Lara.

Comment

Rosado was coming up, GGG wanted to make a name and was his show off fight...yep the 157 was fair...Canela isnt coming up and he is the lineal MW champ, what is so dificult to understand?

Comment

Ah I see if GGG was willing to fight Rosado at 157 imho he should be willing to do the same for Canelo unless they genuinely believe they cannot make that weight anymore (which I seriously doubt is the case).

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusSOG View Post
                Ah I see if GGG was willing to fight Rosado at 157 imho he should be willing to do the same for Canelo unless they genuinely believe they cannot make that weight anymore (which I seriously doubt is the case).
                Ward was willing to fight Chad Dawson who jumped down an entire weight division.
                Imho Ward should have been willing to make a compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
                  Rosado was coming up, GGG wanted to make a name and was his show off fight...yep the 157 was fair...Canela isnt coming up and he is the lineal MW champ, what is so dificult to understand?
                  He's been a middleweight for like how many years now?
                  155lbs isn't the super welterweight division!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Ward was willing to fight Chad Dawson who jumped down an entire weight division.
                    Imho Ward should have been willing to make a compromise.
                    Ward sodomizes GGG at any weight

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                      He's been a middleweight for like how many years now?
                      155lbs isn't the super welterweight division!
                      Ok, so Canelo can keep fighting at 155 to cement his path of greatness at MW

Lol.

Come on red, you know the 155 is bad, We as boxing fans shouldnt accept these kind of BS from the fighters....

I'm not defending GGG, yes We all want the fight and would be awesome if he bends to that 155 just for greatness, but lets not forget that the rules are there, plus is a mandatory.

By the rules We have a sh.it fight in Wade and by the rules We could have a superfight in Canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X