Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Nobody Wants Kovalev - That's The Guy I Want!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    The ME match-maker was on the Ruckus podcast a week ago saying RN wants all sorts of options on Barrera. Meantime RN is being sued by GB over the purse split on Cotto/Canelo and neither of those guys have been paid fully yet. I remember reading someone from GB saying RN was making all sorts of demands on how the Canelo/Cotto promotion was to be ran and were the ones to over price the tickets.

All that is why I have a hard time believing Ward/Kovalev is a done deal. If Kovalev wins, as crazy as RN sounds, they would probably want to assume control of his career and take half his future purses....
    Roc are trying to get options on a fighter they were supposed to be feeding to Ward as a tune-up?

That's nuts. Unless they didn't know much about Barrera when they offered him the fight and had one of those "Oh .. shit .." moments after he accepted it.

Comment

• Hahaha!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dat View Post
      This will be like Mayweather-Pacquiao, the defensive fighter generally beats the offensive fighter in a boring fight. Do you really want to watch that? What I want to really see is Kovalev-Stevenson, as soon as Stevenson grows some balls.

Excuse me? Manny out defended Floyd, out countered Floyd, and out landed Floyd. What fight did you watch? Floyd couldn't touch Manny, man. And that was with one-arm!!!!

Comment

• Occult establishment ****** ward should get a medal if he ever steps in the ring with kov which is extremely unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
          Andre Ward is way better than Kovalev and much too smart and will outbox Kovie quite easily. Ward when in shape is boxing's best fighter, boring granted, but still skilled.
          Ward lost 3 of the first 4 rounds v Abraham. If he does that against Kovalev, he's gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            He went after the feared Golovkin and then when GGG put up roadblocks he switched course to go after the feared Kovalev.

You have to respect the courage of Andre Ward.
            Ward get's zero respect for his stupidity and cowardice. He left the Kov / Pascal fight because he definitely did not want microphones put in his grill asking him how he feels about taking on the Krusher - he's already beaten and knows it. Now we hear from Duva that there are problems still, in making the Barerra fight, from Ward's side of course.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...still-not-done

They should have filmed the GGG negotiations, because I'd bet my life that it was the diva's side who were the 'roadblock', if you can't spot the difference you are blind. Ward = difficult, fights once every 5 years. GGG = very active, fights 4 x a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by HughJass View Post
              Lolol,what planet you from man?Ward will shut Sergey out
              Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Sergey would absolutely hammer that princess into a crushing defeat - which is why Ward will never fight him.

Heck, there are STILL problems making the Barerra fight, your guy is a clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
                Andre Ward is way better than Kovalev and much too smart and will outbox Kovie quite easily. Ward when in shape is boxing's best fighter, boring granted, but still skilled.
                He is not even top 20, he's the biggest hype job in the history of the sport. He is avoiding anything can remotely expose him, and Barerra is still not a done deal. We will never see Kovalev V Ward, as Andrea knows he would get the ***** beaten out of him, and there's a lot of it in him, he's full of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
                  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Sergey would absolutely hammer that princess into a crushing defeat - which is why Ward will never fight him.

Heck, there are STILL problems making the Barerra fight, your guy is a clown.
                  Kovalev knows he's got his work cut-out for him when he faces Ward.I'm not a fan of Wards but i respect his boxing ability.He'll beat Kovalev,Ward has by far the greater experience as an amateur and professional.

I take you're one of the Krushers fan boys who actually thought his win over Hopkins(at 50) was great?Bearing in mind Hopkins had only fought Murat and Shumenov before that lolol

Comment

• After 2 more tune ups? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      An American gold medalist striving for greatness
                      Wouldn't expect anything else
                      Calm down, he still hasn't made the Barerra fight as of today Feb 6/16 it is not a done deal.
                      He will never fight Kovalev, but I hope I am wrong, because he is getting the bs pounded clean out of him if he has the balls to step in with that monster.

I think deep down, we all know it aint happenin.

Yusaf Mack, in an Oakland bingo hall, most likely next.

Comment

Working...
                      X