No announcement yet.

The Deontay Wilder Fan Club~

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    He used it plenty, he wasn't dominating the fight with it but he stuck Spilzka in the face many times.
    It was lazy and he forgot it until the 5th round or so.

Not the impressive jab I saw against Stiverne a year ago.

Comment

It can work, eventually something bad will happen he is not a guy who is going to be perfect.

He has a pretty good jab also.

To even get to this point wilder's career has been a success because very few thought he would even get to this point, a stiff breeze would blow him over or that he would fold at the first sign of trouble because his legs are too skinny.

He has positive attributes and fights to them, that right there makes him difficult to fight and while he does have real flaws that can always cost him his strengths partly covers the flaws making them harder to exploit than most people care to realize.
      He has a good jab when he fights stationary targets (Stiverne, Molina, Duhuapus.) Tonight he didn't and he look like a mediocre skillled guy with power that he is. The only diffrence is, he's charismatic and has a powerful promoter behind him.

He has a power, but power means **** when you fight guys more skilled than you.

He's one dimensional, if you guys can't see it (especially after tonight), then i don't know what to tell you.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        It was lazy and he forgot it until the 5th round or so.

Not the impressive jab I saw against Stiverne a year ago.
        It was certainly not as good as the Stiverne fight because he dominated Stiverne with the jab. Stiverne did play into that while Spilzka was in general trying to disrupt the jab. It can come down to Spilzka being a lefty and the right hand being there, the jab while sometimes good was often a throwaway to bring the right hand behind which is the punch that gets the southpaw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

It's on like King Kong fighting Bruce Lee riding a tsunami eating kimchi.
          OK.

My all in vs your all in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
            He has a good jab when he fights stationary targets (Stiverne, Molina, Duhuapus.) Tonight he didn't and he look like a mediocre skillled guy with power that he is. The only diffrence is, he's charismatic and has a powerful promoter behind him.

He has a power, but power means **** when you fight guys more skilled than you.

He's one dimensional, if you guys can't see it (especially after tonight), then i don't know what to tell you.
            I would say he was landing the better punches all night, it wasn't easy but Spilzka came to fight.

One-dimension can win if that dimension is good enough, Wilder's positive attributes fit together nicely.

Sure if a guy gets inside on him there will be major issues for Wilder, and if a guy can eat his shots and constantly get into that no mans land for wilder he will get beat. That is not easy real estate to get for most guys, and it is dangerous work so most of the crowing about that is to me overblown. Like I said I don't expect perfection out of him, never did but that does not preclude him from getting results.

Comment

• Spizilka was a tough guy tonight ate some clean shots,but ultimately ran into a right....south paws are south pawsa you usually don't look good against them..i thought Wilder showed better skilled patience which is more important than rushing a k.o that's not there which is why he got one.....All in all Wilder still abit awkard but placed his balance better...the fight overall didn't shock me,thats where Wilder is supposed to be...what shocked me is fury's in ring presence like hes going to get past Wlad again and has this lined up even if Wilder gets past Povetkin......Well that's another story!!!!!!!!!

Comment

OK.

My all in vs your all in?
                You know, I'm not the sharpest tool in the toolshed or a advanced math wiz, but this bet seemd awfully favorable for you.

But you know what?

You're one of the good guys on here.

So I accept.

Comment

• Wilders next opponent will be Mark De Mori

Then after that he will line up a unification with Martin

Povetkin will be 37 by then but Wilder wants to wait longer, when Povetkin ages past 40 Wilder may fight him

Comment

I would say he was landing the better punches all night, it wasn't easy but Spilzka came to fight.

One-dimension can win if that dimension is good enough, Wilder's positive attributes fit together nicely.

Sure if a guy gets inside on him there will be major issues for Wilder, and if a guy can eat his shots and constantly get into that no mans land for wilder he will get beat. That is not easy real estate to get for most guys, and it is dangerous work so most of the crowing about that is to me overblown. Like I said I don't expect perfection out of him, never did but that does not preclude him from getting results.
                    he landed a couple of right hands and one uppercut, that's it.

as for wilder landing te better shots better looking shots, maybe.

that right does look good, but not when you missed it. szpilka was the more skilled and better fighter in that ring, wilder was more powerful.

wilder has only his right hand and his power.

Comment

he landed a couple of right hands and one uppercut, that's it.

as for wilder landing te better shots better looking shots, maybe.

that right does look good, but not when you missed it. szpilka was the more skilled and better fighter in that ring, wilder was more powerful.

wilder has only his right hand and his power.
                      He landed several good jabs, which does help balance out his offense. It was more workman like than fight controlling but it did serve a purpose.

I don't think Spilzka was better, he did alright and it was close but Wilder landed all the best punches.

Wilder is in some ways limited, and he fights very open so bad things can happen. So I can understand being skeptical of him to a certain degree.
                      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-17-2016, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X