Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie. Please Judge Video of My Heavy Bag Work.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was one of the only ones offering you decent advice! No point in pampering around and saying 'just keep it up' because you'll never improve that way. You asked for help he highlighted some of your flaws, if you want to improve then try taking it on board instead of being sensitive for no real reason.

The reality is and I don't mean to sound disrespectful but its bad and going to take a lot of time and work.

I feel this could all be wasted but here goes.
    Start by correcting your stance/balance. - Widen your stance slightly, put a bit more weight on your back foot.
    Start with the jab - There just appears to be no thought in what you're throwing/doing.

Your balance is off, you're throwing arm-punches, not using your hips or turning your shots over, you're not transferring your weight. I don't think you even attempted to throw a single jab.
    You're leaning in, lunging with your right hand, your hands are too low and you bring them back to low.

Just go back to the basics - Fix your stance, concentrate on your balance and basic footwork. Moving in & out, side-to-side before you start stepping off and such.

Comment

Throwing too low

Bring your arms & hands up, you're getting ktfo if you go into a boxing ring square and hands low like that

cut out the weird double jab at belly height?

It's what i'd expect from someone with no training...

My advice is not to continue following the same techniques otherwise you're going to get into bad habits..

You can continue to try and self train and continue asking for advice with videos and hope you can improve with time.. or actually get some formal training.
      Last edited by miniq; 05-10-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Props for posting the vid.

If you post a video of yourself here you must expect people to be insulting and harsh, but thats the net for u.

I posted my opinion on youtube. Hope it helps some.

Comment

Arrogance? I've met a few trainers who trained me for a day or two while they were at my gym and they wouldn't be having anything you were doing. On my first day they would tap me in the face and stop me whenever I started doing stupid things.

Keep your distance with your bag like you're actually fighting for starters. A lot of technique issues. Wide stance.

Comment

Originally posted by vv15629 View Post
            Ok so I'm a boxing newbie, long time boxing fan but just recently decided to actually try out some boxing. Ive had no formal training some Im just trying to teach myself how to work a heavy bag and stuff. Please watch my video and let me know some (many) of the things I need to work on and if there's actually any aspects that looks good that would be nice to know too. Heres the link, you may have to copy and paste.

youtube.com/watch?v=9B-nacOKako&feature=youtu.be

PS please excuse the video as its a little blurry, I hope you still check it out please! Thanks!
            A few things I see. For not training you have good handspeed and with proper for and transferring your weight into your punched I'm pretty sure the power will come. The punches I saw are manly arm punches. Im going to go out on a thread and say with a solid 3 months of boxing training at a gym your going to look pretty good. I would love to see you hit the gym and repost in 3 months as a comparison. It also looks to me that you could develop a good jan from what I viewed. Another thing you should do is forget anything you've seen Mayweather do....keep in mind he's been at it since he was a baby. Lastly...keep your hands up! You are open to a straight right. Please post again in a few months

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
              took it off about 45 seconds in, sorry

i know that bag is one of those shtty ass super light little shts, but if you want to show off potential try actually throwing with full force, everything was pretty bad, you're not turning into any thing, it's all arm punching, you're attempting the shoulder roll when you're clearly not trained and what exactly is the point of that weak ass double right hand?
              Listen to this guy he's right. I don't see you hitting that heavy bag with BAD intentions. Whenever I hit the heavy, I give it everything I got. I wanna knock that ***** off the stand know whatta mean? Imagine a person you really aint like and knock they ****in block off homie.

Comment

Working...
              X