Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fighters in history do you feel would have beat Mayweather without being biased

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, way too many to name.

Duran, Hearns, Robinson, Armstrong, Leonard, prime De La Hoya, prime Pacquiao, Basilio, Fullmer, Ike Williams, Beau Jack, Sandy Saddler, Palomino, Marlon Starling, Pernell Whitaker and on and on and on.

Basically, any fighter with a strong jab could most likely get it done.

Comment

Hagler. Sugar Ray Leonard would be 50-50.

Can't see many others. The old timers didn't have the training Mayweather had. He abuses Duran. Hearrns has a punchers chance.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather has no punch, no threat to hurt the true champions who would have walked right through his defense because there was no punch to fear. Tommy and Ray Leonard would have knocked him out easy, everyone talks about Floyd being fast, Ray and Tommy were just as fast but their velocity would knock Floyd out. Benetiz would have out sped him, Duran would have out worked him easily. All because Floyd has NO punch. Let Floyd have his due, he is the best slap boxer of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
          Which fighters do you think would have beat Mayweather?

I'd say Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Ray Robinson, Tommy Hearns.

Pacquiao in 2008/2009 I'd say would have had a huge chance of winning, but could see Mayweather winning. Duran I think would be a 50/50 fight.
          If Castillo mop the floor with Floyd Duran would have turned him into a Prison B1tch. Now do all these guys who you say are 50/50 do they get to use steroids as well ? Add Arron Pryor to the list as well

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
            No one

Mayweathers defense, adaptation ability and general ring intelligence are too much for anyone in boxing history.

Maybe a prime Henry Armstrong, a prime Salvador Sanchez and a prime Ray Robinson could beat a prime Floyd but I would still put my money on Floyd.

IMO, Floyd is P4P the best boxer that ever lived. I'm not trolling here. I just don't see anyone beating a prime Floyd.
            So you'd pick a naturally smaller sanchez over him...but you can't think of anyone else from 130-154 where floyd actually fought?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
              Which fighters do you think would have beat Mayweather?

I'd say Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Ray Robinson, Tommy Hearns.

Pacquiao in 2008/2009 I'd say would have had a huge chance of winning, but could see Mayweather winning. Duran I think would be a 50/50 fight.
              That is precisely what I think. And Hearns Ko's him bad.

Comment

LOL I love Paul Williams, we from the same area but come on son. Carlos Quitana schooled him in the first fight. Dude couldn't get out of the way of a straight right hand. As far as Floyd not having a punch, that could be true but then wouldn't people have just straight up mauled him every fight i.e. Paulie M ? I think Floyd has another power to keep guys honest and rethink their game plans. I've spared with guys that were just so damn sneaky with their right hand they force you to readjust even when you think you got them figured out. By the end of the session, your like WTF just happened?!?! Floyd in any era woulda held his own. He may would have took a few L's from the likes of Duran and Hearns. but I think we would still be an all time great, Top 15 fighter. All the fighters that we think would beat Floyd had flaws that Floyd would have adjusted too. Just my opinion as I got Paul Williams as my P4p number 1

Comment

Manny Pacquiao in his prime would beat him hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    Man, way too many to name.

Duran, Hearns, Robinson, Armstrong, Leonard, prime De La Hoya, prime Pacquiao, Basilio, Fullmer, Ike Williams, Beau Jack, Sandy Saddler, Palomino, Marlon Starling, Pernell Whitaker and on and on and on.

Basically, any fighter with a strong jab could most likely get it done.
                    You have a point regarding the jab, but if that was the case, he would have surely lost a fight eventually. I don't think its that easy as he would eventually time the jab and counter with the straight right. Not totally disagreeing with you, but would like to hear your response as I've heard many people say the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
                      No one

Mayweathers defense, adaptation ability and general ring intelligence are too much for anyone in boxing history.

Maybe a prime Henry Armstrong, a prime Salvador Sanchez and a prime Ray Robinson could beat a prime Floyd but I would still put my money on Floyd.

IMO, Floyd is P4P the best boxer that ever lived. I'm not trolling here. I just don't see anyone beating a prime Floyd.
                      Flowmo post of the day goes to ^

Comment

Working...
                      X