No announcement yet.

UK: Killer gets 4 years for deadly assault, will be out in 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK: Killer gets 4 years for deadly assault, will be out in 2

No people, this is not a joke... it's the UK.

Video of deadly assault in link at bottom of this post

The Attorney General will review the four-year sentence given to thug Lewis Gill who killed innocent pedestrian Andrew Young.

The convicted robber, 20, could have faced a life in prison after being convicted of manslaughter - but instead is likely to be out of jail in just two years.

Andrew's grief-stricken mother Pamela Young, 71, slammed the decision yesterday as "a complete joke".

This morning the Attorney General's office tweeted that it has received "a number of requests" for the sentence to be looked at and a review is now underway.

Gill launched the unprovoked attack after Andrew, 40, confronted his pal Victor Ibitoye who was cycling on the pavement. The victim told him it was a “dangerous activity”, Salisbury crown court heard.

CCTV footage from outside a Tesco Express in Charminster, Dorset, shows Andrew arguing with Mr Ibitoye, who is standing astride his bicycle.

As the pair exchange words, Gill approaches. Mr Ibitoye, accompanied by a woman in a turquoise coat, moves on, taking his bike with him.

Gill seems to follow but turns back and aims a vicious blow at Andrew’s face with his right fist. His victim falls into the road, smashing his head on the road as a car passes.

Killer Gill then joins his mate, who has watched the whole scene. The pair – and the woman – walk on.

Several passers-by rushed to Asperger’s syndrome sufferer Andrew’s aid and he was taken to hospital where he died of head injuries the following day.

A taxi driver who knew Andrew for six years said yesterday that the victim was polite and no threat to anybody.

Simon Scott said: “Andrew was always friendly and polite and often struck up conversations with strangers at the bus stop near the taxi rank.

"He was gentle and wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

Andrew's grieving mother Pamela Young, 71, claimed his killer should have faced the death penalty and described the sentence as “an absolute joke”.

She said: “I saw the CCTV footage in court and you can see that Andrew didn’t cause Lewis Gill any harm. The sentence is an absolute joke.

"I’m a committed Christian but I think that if someone takes a life they should be prepared to forfeit their own.

“There have been many people who have committed manslaughter or murder in this country and they never even serve a full sentence.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-young-3184393

Shocking, how can he get away with murder? That sucker punch was a cowardly act.

If only when he does his time, someone waits outside prison to sucker punch this guy into oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by ANACONDA View Post
      Shocking, how can he get away with murder?
      The victim was white & killer non-white.

Comment

Originally posted by 876arrow View Post
        The victim was white & killer non-white.
        But you're not racist, right?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          But you're not racist, right?
          Again, the desperation of you never ceases. Care to explain how what I said is racist? And thanks for the red K. It didn't "hit" me in the slightest.

Racism is not dead, but it is on life support -- kept alive by politicians, race hustlers and people who get a sense of superiority by denouncing others as "racists." - Thomas Sowell

That is you, summed up.

Comment

squealpiggy replies in this thread to call me racist, because he's so upset by my comment... but doesn't say a word about the innocent man murdered by that evil ****.

Leftists, summed up.

Comment

Working...
            X