No announcement yet.

Fights that never happened

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Foreman didnt like punchers. He said when Gerry Cooney hit him it was so hard he couldnt feel it! He said if I could have felt it I would have quit.

I think genetic beasts never need to develop the kind of strength of mind Ali or Fraizier need, because they are so used to crushing guys with ease and making their opponents strong minds unconcious minds, that they never get the same kind of challenge and growth.

Its a shame Foreman went off to become a minister/priest or whatever after the Ali fight, I think he was scared of a potential rematch with Ali. I think Ali had thoroughly gotten to him lol

Also I personally think Earnie Shavers would have finished what Ron Lyle started.
    He asked for a rematch with Ali.

Shavers couldn't handle Ron Lyle like Foreman, he has very little chance against George.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
      He asked for a rematch with Ali.

Shavers couldn't handle Ron Lyle like Foreman, he has very little chance against George.
      Oh yea so he did, thats unlike Ali, this is the guy calling out all sorts of young lions despite being a shell of his former self, he never ducked any heavy punchers, he beat everyone taht was any good in his era, thanks for the info. Thats odd!?

I thought george becomming a priest was really odd, why the hell would you do that in the middle of your prime!?

Yea Foreman had what it takes to beat most other HW champions thoughout history, I would have loved to see him fight Larry and Earnie!
      Last edited by AlexKid; 09-10-2013, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Id of like to have seen bhop vs toney pretty sure they were different weightclasses though

Comment

Lennox Lewis vs Vitali Klitschko Rematch
          Aaron Pryor vs Sugar ray Leonard
          Tommy Hearns vs Mike McCallum

Comment

Its a shame Foreman went off to become a minister/priest or whatever after the Ali fight, I think he was scared of a potential rematch with Ali. I think Ali had thoroughly gotten to him lol

Also I personally think Earnie Shavers would have finished what Ron Lyle started.
            He fought for 2 1/2 years after the Ali fight including 6 more fights and as far as becoming a priest I commend him for it come on if you can make money that way or getting punched in the face by 200+ pound men trained to know how to punch I think it was probably a wise choice **** he can still talk somewhat

Comment

Prime Tyson and Lewis, at least 1 of them were ducking!

We missed out! Lennox would have been spanked!
              Dependent upon your definition of both boxers "prime".

Tyson's "prime" is usually considered prior to his incarnation. At that time they were at different stages of career.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Bowe-lewis in 93

foremen vs tyson in 95

holyfield vs tyson in 89,90

camacho vs pernell in 87-92

jones vs collins, benn, eubanks,michlewski, liles, nunn

pryor vs hearns, srl, duran

foremen vs ali rematch

manny vs floyd

calzaghe vs ottke

jmm vs morales
                I like these, except I'd go with Calzaghe-Froch instead of Ottke, as that was heavily talked about just before Joe's retirement. Good call on Whitaker-Camacho. When I was watching Pernell's career set, he often talked about a fight with Camacho, I don't know why that never happened, I could see Sweet Pea winning a UD in that one.

Comment

Arguello vs Duran at 135, Duran was already heavier by the time Arguello got up there but there was some talk, though it was never really likely.

Comment

Oh yea so he did, thats unlike Ali, this is the guy calling out all sorts of young lions despite being a shell of his former self, he never ducked any heavy punchers, he beat everyone taht was any good in his era, thanks for the info. Thats odd!?

I thought george becomming a priest was really odd, why the hell would you do that in the middle of your prime!?

Yea Foreman had what it takes to beat most other HW champions thoughout history, I would have loved to see him fight Larry and Earnie!

Maybe because it's what he believed in.

Comment

Lewis Ibeabuchi

Comment

Working...
                      X