Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas child may get suspended for his haircut..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Bonner? really?

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post

You've got to be fu
      cking kidding me? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. The same school would probably allow a child to wear a British, Canadian or Mexican flag shirt to school though.
      It was on Cinco de Mayo and the school determined that it had the potential to be incite violence. But I don't remember any schools sending kids home for wearing a Mexican (or any other) flag on the Fourth of July.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        Lotta crazy stuff going on in school these days. Sending kids home for wearing an American flag on their shirt, suspending kids for kissing, hugging their teacher for saving them from a beating, 7 yr olds being arrested for a tantrum, etc, etc.

I suppose the only argument here is that it's distracting in class, but I think it's a weak one.
        While it does seem crazy, some schools are right in doing it

In my school they banned those "i <3 NY" shirts because it showed gang alliance, not even joking. And they were right in doing so. You would very often see gang fights in school between those wearing "i love DR" shirts and those wearing other "I love" shirts.

They wouldnt go as far as suspending those students but they did make you change your shirt immediately

People have to understand that there are no absolute rights

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          While it does seem crazy, some schools are right in doing it

In my school they banned those "i <3 NY" shirts because it showed gang alliance, not even joking. And they were right in doing so. You would very often see gang fights in school between those wearing "i love DR" shirts and those wearing other "I love" shirts.

They wouldnt go as far as suspending those students but they did make you change your shirt immediately

People have to understand that there are no absolute rights
          Man, a bunch of idiots in your school. Really, fighting over shirts!? SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Man, a bunch of idiots in your school. Really, fighting over shirts!? SMH
            No, not fighting over shirts but certain gangs wore different shirts showing their alliance to the gang. Then when a random person who wasnt in a gang wore the same shirt (which were extremely popular), they would get a severe beatdown, even in school, but worse on the street

Comment

they should fire who ever has the problem with it and let them see how it feels...its good barber work and thats all it should be. leave it how it is son, fck that dumb ass teacher, principal or whoever he/she is!

Comment

So you need to check with your school before you get your haircut? SMH

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  they should fire who ever has the problem with it and let them see how it feels...its good barber work and thats all it should be. leave it how it is son, fck that dumb ass teacher, principal or whoever he/she is!
                  Yeah, it's not like the kid got "school fucking sucks" carved in his head.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    This is ridiculous!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...013230150.html

Shaving a picture of Matt Bonner in his head could net a young Spurs fan an in-school suspension

A young San Antonio Spurs fan faces an in-school suspension on Thursday if he doesn't somehow find a way to alter the image of Matt Bonner that was shaved into the back of his head. You read the previous sentence correctly. The Spurs forward, who is averaging just 14.6 minutes per game in the postseason, has apparently made such an impact on Woodlake Hills Middle School student Patrick Gonzalez that the youngster decided to have a hairstylist shave an image of the Spurs sharpshooter into the back of his haircut. Via Tas Melas, here's the image that has the principals at Woodlake Hills Middle School in righteous fear of the apparently inevitable anarchy and lawlessness in the school halls that will result if Gonzalez comes to school on Thursday without changing the haircut:

Because the image is so threatening, and so severe, if the style isn't "fixed" by Thursday, Gonzalez will have to take in an in-school suspension (the worst of all suspensions, because you don't get to go home and watch TV), because that seems very rational and fair to all the children. Here's the story, from Grace White at FOX 29:

"There was no permission that was given if the parent thought that then it was a miscommunication," said Aubrey Chancellor, Judson I.S.D. District officials say the haircut is a distraction. "Whether it's the spurs or whether it's the cowboys anything people obviously support, it doesn't matter."

You hear that, Texas schoolchildren? Whether you support spurs or cowboys or even Spurs or Cowboys (two teams that obviously play against each other several times a year for the World Finals of Stanley Bowls), shaving a rather benign image of a fan friendly forward that wears New Balance sneakers during pro basketball games seems like the least offensive infraction we can possibly imagine.

Especially when the hero in question was an Academic All-American at college, one who "never received less than an 'A' as final grade in any class throughout his academic career, until he received a 'C' on a chemistry exam in college, which led to a final grade of a 'B.'"

(No word on if Bonner's 'C' and 'B' marks were unduly influenced by a classmate featuring an image of Sam Perkins shaved into his head.)

We don't know the entirety of this story, or Gonzalez's history. Perhaps he was caught selling three-pointers in the parking lot outside of the school last month. Maybe he was previously suspended for telling a teacher to "square your feet" and "get your elbow under the chalk" as she attempted to teach her class. It's possible that he served a detention earlier in the year for drawing a three-point arc on the inside of a textbook.

Still, unless this youngster has some history that led to a reaction like this, the threat of a suspension for an innocuous haircut like this can only be termed an "overreaction."
                    Not only does this kid deserve to be suspended....he deserves to be EXPELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs.......and on top of that not Tony Parker....Not Timah.....but Bonner???

EXPELL THAT LITTLE BASTARD!!!!!!!!

now if he changes it to this......then he should be crowned school home coming king.......

http://www.bloguin.com/crossoverchro...your-hair.html

Comment

he'll shave that **** off after the clippers steal game 2 tonight. ****

Comment

Working...
                      X