• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
    Who said this ?
    http://www.******.com/174431-gym-not...dy-for-proksa/

****** = ring tv

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      Interesting read, managed about half of it I'll read the rest later.

He doesn't spar anyone below 175 for their durability, says it all really. This dude needs to leave 160 and conquer 168, I'll give him a pass on Jacobs for lineage and BJ Flounders for unifying the belts he deserves that much. I've no interest in those fights nor the Canelo fight they're not competitive in the least.

Comment

I could see him outbox Povetkin who doesn't have the best footwork or movement. But you need to calm your ****, he would have to test the waters at HW before this type of talk.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          “I must have done 50 rounds while in camp with Povetkin and it was three and half weeks before he hit me with something that made me hold on. With Golovkin I was ready to get out of the ring 45 seconds into our first round of sparring. He hit me with two lefts to the body in the identical spot and had me doubled over. I got through it but it’s hard to defend against 6-inch punches with that much pop. He backs me into a corner with just a jab."
          Good post but I don't think it is even comparable Head hunting vs going to the body.. There is no way a MW punches harder than a HW in terms of ppi but p4p yes it plausible.. Povetkin is quite a dedicated fighter & has a good chin(Wlad knocked him down 3-4 times but couldn't KO), what happens when you eat Usyk's best shot & still land your own.. Usyk's power is good but some people on here overrate it(just like Wilder), he couldn't KD Glowacki who got KD by Huck who went life & death with Povetkin.. Povetkin will be at your face all night long & has a good inside game plan, Usyk will slow down after a few rounds & he wont be as slick any longer.. THat's why Usyk needs time to build himself into a HW(a good 1-2 yrs)..

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            I could see him outbox Povetkin who doesn't have the best footwork or movement. But you need to calm your ****, he would have to test the waters at HW before this type of talk.
            My **** are pretty calm. No hardness whatsoever

Comment

Usyk would be slower at HW,Povetkin is very fast at 225 pounds and can get inside Usyks jab. Povetkin was bit heavier against Huck I believe and that's the only fight he seemed to gas, i cant go on that fight alone. Povetkins speed combos wins this for me, cant see Usyk hitting him with anything Wlad didn't..

IF Usyk continues to improve 3 years down the line maybe we can see him win here but not now.

Comment

Originally posted by King Krusher View Post
                My **** are pretty calm. No hardness whatsoever
                :boobies::boobies::boobies:

Comment

Usyk needs more experience, Povetkin is an upgraded version of glowacki; faster, bigger, stronger and throws more punch, I like usyk but Povetkin KOs him at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                    Who said this ?
                    Heavyweight amateur standout David Imoesiri in 2012. Who served as a sparing partner for Alexander Povetkin

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      Heavyweight amateur standout David Imoesiri in 2012. Who served as a sparing partner for Alexander Povetkin
                      The thing to keep in mind, and it goes to Kovalev vs GGG mentality for sparring..., and why Kovalev does not like the Sanchez school of training...

... GGG goes all out in sparring sessions whereas others go a bit easier.

I am surprised this was even brought up, Usyk vs Povetkin.

Usyk is skilled, by all means, but he has to prove himself versus other cruiser weights first... such as Lebedev.

If he can get through Lebedev... then let's talk moving up to heavy weight.

It would absolutely be an exciting fight though, but for Usyk to jump 20 to 30 lbs in weight? That will surely take a toll, and while he got the UD against Glowacki.... he did not look super impressive. Good, yes... but not Impressive.

Comment

Working...
                      X