Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it upset Floyd haters knowing that Ali was just as hated as he was at the time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
    Question for those who claim Floyd isn't the greatest of this era and haters alike.

Does it upset you knowing that Muhammad Ali, known as the best fighter to ever walk the face of the earth was just as hated as Floyd Mayweather is during his run? Yet is widely regarded to as the G.O.A.T.?

Is this foreshadowing? Why is it that a man so hated in the boxing community, better yet, in the entire world is widely considered the best fighter to ever step foot in a boxing ring? Ali is without a doubt the greatest fighter of all time but it took a couple years for people to acknowledge it due to the blind and emotional hatred they held for that man.

Down the line in a few years I think Mayweather will get the same recognition he deserves, despite all of the blind and emotional hatred he receives from casual boxing fans. Give or take a few years to marinate, and you'll look back at his career and see that he only took the best challenges available to him and never lost.
    There is a fairly large difference, Ali was hated for his political views mainly, and was always very gregarious and likeable as a person, and went out of his way to fight the best fighters there were. Floyd on the other hand is not hated for his political views, he is has hated because he is a bit of a tool, and avoids any real threats.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      Just as hated?

Ali was 1,000 times more hated than Mayweather could ever hope to be. I don't recall anybody ever refusing to call Floyd by his name, protesting his very presence in the streets wherever he went, or threatening him with death.

Ali was hated because he was an outspoken black radical. Mayweather is hated because he's a mouthy, insecure, and immature turd sandwich.
      We're in the internet/social media era. Even the most hated men in the world today aren't protested in the streets, the circumstances wouldn't allow it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        Not Maidana that's for sure. Let's not forget he faked retired like a bitch. But I'm sure I'm talking to a wall since you claim Peterson/Bey are clean boxers.
        So you can't name anyone in specific and can only say "just not Maidana".

I bet you're one of those saying Floyd lost the first fight too.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          There is a fairly large difference, Ali was hated for his political views mainly, and was always very gregarious and likeable as a person, and went out of his way to fight the best fighters there were. Floyd on the other hand is not hated for his political views, he is has hated because he is a bit of a tool, and avoids any real threats.
          I'll invite you along with Fantasic to name the current guy Floyd should be fighting rather than Maidana in September.

Comment

SMH...and you think anything has changed? You tell me isn't it an odd occurrence that the same group of fans don't like Floyd along with Ward, Rigo, BHop, GRJr, Love, Bey, Crawford, Bradley and so on?
            That is not even remotely True. My favorite fighters include Rigondeaux, Ward, Lara, and B-Hop.

Floyd is one of my least favorite fighters.

Its fairly ignorant to try and say that people don't like Floyd because they are racist, or doesn't appreciate slick fighters in some way.

The thing Rigondeaux, B-hop, Ward and Bradley all have in common that Floyd doesn't is that they have all at one point or another Vanquished their most prominent Rivals at the height of their powers.

Rigo too Donaire's soul.
            B-hop took Tarver's soul, Pavlik's soul, and more.
            Bradley took on Pacquiao twice.
            Ward stole Dawsons children.

Floyd has spent the better part of the decade avoiding Pacquiao. He is realistically the Aaron Pryor of our generation. He avoided the Durans, Hearns and Leonards of the world and instead chose to fight the Arguellos of the world at the end of their careers.

Comment

Does this little red box upset you as much on this alt as it did on your last one?

Comment

Question for those who claim Floyd isn't the greatest of this era and haters alike.

Does it upset you knowing that Muhammad Ali, known as the best fighter to ever walk the face of the earth was just as hated as Floyd Mayweather is during his run? Yet is widely regarded to as the G.O.A.T.?

Is this foreshadowing? Why is it that a man so hated in the boxing community, better yet, in the entire world is widely considered the best fighter to ever step foot in a boxing ring? Ali is without a doubt the greatest fighter of all time but it took a couple years for people to acknowledge it due to the blind and emotional hatred they held for that man.

Down the line in a few years I think Mayweather will get the same recognition he deserves, despite all of the blind and emotional hatred he receives from casual boxing fans. Give or take a few years to marinate, and you'll look back at his career and see that he only took the best challenges available to him and never lost.
                Apples and oranges ..... Ali fought who he had to fight. Floyd didn't and when he does, he cherry picks his opponents and avoids "who the fans REALLY want to see Floyd fight". Then to make things worse, he tries to make his opponents advantage become a disadvantage BEFORE the fight even starts.

Comment

I'll invite you along with Fantasic to name the current guy Floyd should be fighting rather than Maidana in September.
                  You don't need to pick this moment. Floyd should have fought Manny Pacquiao in 2009, 2010, 2011, .... but put up roadblocks.

Was called out by Sergio Martinez when Sergio was supposedly "Plan B" if Manny negotiations went bad but Floyd avoided that fight but was OK with fighting 3 other fighters at 154.

Was called out by others as well. The point is that Floyd intentionally avoided the relatively riskier opponents. Ali fought the tough opponents WHEN IT MATTERED so you can't question his resume like you can Floyd's .....

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                    Just as hated?

Ali was 1,000 times more hated than Mayweather could ever hope to be. I don't recall anybody ever refusing to call Floyd by his name, protesting his very presence in the streets wherever he went, or threatening him with death.

Ali was hated because he was an outspoken black radical. Mayweather is hated because he's a mouthy, insecure, and immature turd sandwich.
                    Exactly. This is such a stupid comparison.

Anyway, saying Floyd's name in the same breath as Ali is utter foolishness.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      Well, considering the 60's it was not only political views which caused Ali to be hated.

Comment

Working...
                      X