best win in his great career

Hard question

I think it comes down to the following

undefeated battling torres
    Duilio lio
    Ismael Laguna
    Sugar Ramos

Also the draw with Locche

People consider ortiz a top lightweight, but he also had some major fights and titles at jr welter...

Im interested to see what others think..

Comment

I would pick the Joe Brown fight. Ortiz followed a game-plan to a 'T'. Rather than fight his usual aggressive style he fought defensively, boxed and avoided the right hand bombs from the champ who was making his 12th title defense. It may not have been exciting to those in attendance, but he fought a masterpiece against an all-time great in winning the lightweight title.

Comment

One of my favorites, Talk about a great fighter who doesn't get the respect that he earned. Truly a fantastic talent!!!
        I agree with scartissue, and Brown is one of my favorites also.
        Ray.

Comment

Too hard to pick just one win and say it was his best. He had a number of very high quality wins and even his defeats and his draw was of a high quality. The great thing about Ortiz's career is there is no smoke and mirrors, he fought the best around his weight class and fought them all over, sometimes in his backyard, sometimes theres. If ever there was a proper 'World' champion then it was Carlos Ortiz.

Comment

Hard to say because he had so many.

A true All Time Great.

Comment

Working...
            X