Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non champions that would be good today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bernardo mercado n that giant mexican fighter who rattled frazier bfor smoke got to him what was his name? tucker, spoon, norton all three had some version of the title if not for very long. ibeabuchi woulda gave the klits a battle

Comment

Gotta mention Harry Wills. He might get a little overrated by some because a certain aura has been generated as a result of his lengthy ordeal trying to secure a title shot with Dempsey. But he'd be big enough and was certainly skilled enough to seize a post-Klitschko heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEECH View Post
        bernardo mercado n that giant mexican fighter who rattled frazier bfor smoke got to him what was his name? tucker, spoon, norton all three had some version of the title if not for very long. ibeabuchi woulda gave the klits a battle
        Manuel Ramos?

Comment

Honestly, a prime golata would be a handful for everyone at heavy including the klits,,

If golata's head is screwed on right, he was very talented, especially with the jab,,

he dominated bowe twice, and micheal grant only to throw away victories

I could see him beating povetkin, haye, and probably go to war with the klits,,,,
          Would have loved to see golata vs fury,,,, that would be epic

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Honestly, a prime golata would be a handful for everyone at heavy including the klits,,

If golata's head is screwed on right, he was very talented, especially with the jab,,

I could see him beating povetkin, haye, and probably go to war with the klits,,,,
            golota did have alot of talent. one of the few super heavyweights that was mobile and could throw punches in bunches to the body and head. too bad he was such a mental case. I really thought he was going to go somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Golota always had his head screwed on wrong. That's why he lost every single meaningful fight he was in. Tbh, I'd pick all the fighters you listed over him. At least they know how to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Golota always had his head screwed on wrong. That's why he lost every single meaningful fight he was in. Tbh, I'd pick all the fighters you listed over him. At least they know how to win.
                yea,,,hed probably find a way to lose those fights. that was never a problem for him

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  True but if his head was screwed on properly, he would have been really good, I guess he is more of a wasted talent type guy, because your right, he would probably shoot himself in the foot vs povetkin, haye, etc... Plus haye may jump him in the first minute of the fight like lewis, brewster etc did.....

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                    Lyle I think could easily be champ today. If he could drop Foreman like that Wlad would be out cold. Not to mention he had decent boxing ability as he actually gave a good account for himself against Ali.

Quarry beats everybody not named Klitchsko. Too tough for Haye, Fury, Povetkin. Just cut from a different cloth. Vital would be a nightmare for him but I could see him putting Wlad through hell. The man had an iron will. Povetkin looked like a poor mans quarry in that wlad fight imo

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    Quarry was the first name to pop into my head.

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned yet: Ike Ibeabuchi (assuming he stays sane).

Comment

Originally posted by aaron.king View Post
                      Gotta mention Harry Wills. He might get a little overrated by some because a certain aura has been generated as a result of his lengthy ordeal trying to secure a title shot with Dempsey. But he'd be big enough and was certainly skilled enough to seize a post-Klitschko heavyweight division.
                      And Wills is the second name that popped into my head.

How's this for a dark horse entry from roughly the same era: Joe Jeannette.

Comment

Working...
                      X