No announcement yet.

Why you should naturally root for Katsidis against Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you should naturally root for Katsidis against Guerrero

Im Bay Area born, I used to be a big fan of the Ghost: until he fought in San Jose in March 09 against Daud Yordan: I remember he suffered a nasty gash, but as I best recall it, the fight doctor himself said he couldve continued but Guerrero insisted the bout be called off and QUIT two rounds in; it was that one showing, that changed my views on him; I am not one to call any fighter a coward, but if a fight doctor himself has deemed a fight can continue, and yet you still decide to quit, depriving the fans of what they paid for without a legitimate excuse, you wont be esteemed very highly in my book; is it just me, or has anyone else also noticed he's taken a more safety first approach since then? He's embarked on a trail of duds as of late, yes, with every fight, another victory, but he hasnt quite been viewer friendly: KATSIDIS, on the other hand, when has he not been in an exciting fight? He gives his blood, sweat and tears and doesnt avoid taking risk, he'll go down swinging, as proven in two of his best fights against Joel Casamayor and Juan Manuel Marquez; he may not be the most skilled, but his heart may never questioned; it's a battled of wills in that squared circle, and tomorrow I see a Katsidis career performance, Guerrero just wont measure up to the task at hand

War katsidis a true warrior who never fails to entertain.

Comment

10mil on Guerrero....

Comment

kat is far more mexican then that cholo........he said he would never quit after seeing his wife fight trough cancer...shes a warrior guerrero is not close to that...war katsidis are you sure hes not from? De la zona norte tijuana mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Comment

I think Guerrero took Yordan lightly and when he realized that it was a tougher fight than he expected, he decided to not take the chance of losing due to the cut.

I can't blame him for that. Since then, he has been a bit more safety first. However, it's natural. That's how fighters learns. It happens.

Might not have been the bravest thing, but I wouldn't call it quitting, to be honest. I think he would have been willing to face Yordan under financially rewarding circumstances and I'd have assumed he would have won. I'd still pick him to win.

Comment

Kastidas is 2/1 @ paddypower i am a big fan of his but i must admit i do not know much about the ghost. Is that a decent bet?

Comment

Originally posted by Homeless Lump View Post
              Kastidas is 2/1 @ paddypower i am a big fan of his but i must admit i do not know much about the ghost. Is that a decent bet?
              its more of an even fight, 10 mil on guerrero straight up???

Comment

Originally posted by Homeless Lump View Post
                Id say its about right

Comment

Im a big fan of Kat. He ALWAYS comes to fight, and leaves it all in the ring. The Ghost bores me.

Comment

Katsidis will lose yet another big fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X