Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will humans out grow religion and belief in god?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryX.. View Post
    God is real and we need to stop thinking we are the creators of everything
    What has God created that humans take credit for?

Comment

If someone could manage to make the argument for why i should believe the bible over the evolution theory i'd be impressed.
      And now i don't mean finding tiny holes in the theory when there's holes the size of John Holmes **** in the bible.

No Larry. No one is saying humans created the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        When you look at religion and belief in gods, you see that humans over thousands of years have gone from god to god, depending on the region.

Many gods have died off, many have been created a new. Since humans have gone from polytheistic to now mostly monotheistic, when will humans fully accept science and move forward with practical, logical thinking.

My prediction is that just the way we study Greek mythology now in schools, I believe in a hundred years we will be studying the Bible and Quran in the same way.
        To answer the question :IF and when it's proven that there isn't one.

Also ancient greece fell over 20 centuries ago not 1.

Also::: Hellenismos

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          I agree with above, people fear death too much to not hold on to something.
          If you don't respect god you should fear death

Comment

No piggy it was a lagit study and verified by many people that are respected in the scientific community. I don't think it proves god of that it shows something as fact.

I think it just shows one of many things that can't be explained or measured in a way that we want to. That doesn't mean it's god, it just means we haven't figured out what it is or how to detect it.
            Well according to what you say the study found it was measured at 60%. But I remember reading about this one and it was criticised for poor control of variables. It can be legit but flawed.

I know this isn't scientific but I have had that feeling may times, where I can "feel" someone staring at me or standing in the room with me. I'm sure you have to.
            The issue with this is that people forget the times they had that feeling that someone was in the room with them and no-one was there. It's only when they get that feeling and there is someone there that they remember how spooky it felt.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Can we detect it? Can we measure it? What does this "sixth sense" detect? I mean sight detects light, smell and taste detect chemicals, hearing and touch detect physical disturbances, so what does the sixth sense detect?

As an idea of what I'm looking for, some animals hunt by detecting the electromegnetic structure of their prey's nervous systems while most species of snakes are able to detect heat by using a sensory pit on their snouts.

So naturally the sicth sense must detect something. What does it detect, and why hasn't anyone measured this yet?

On a side note: Twenty pages.
              Yes we can feel it. Any openly religious person will verify this. We believe people like you have it but aggressively dismiss it. Only you know the truth, But only I know truth. And only the people who agree with me or disagree with me know the truth. Get it?

People who believe know what truth is but so do the people who don't. Is the truth universal or different for everybody? An impossible question to answer unless you can experience the consciousness of someone else. In short

Work it out on your own and for god sake KEEP IT TO YOURSELF while you do. That goes for both the believers and known believers. Nobody gives a flying FUK what you think either way.

/

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                If you don't respect god you should fear death
                Yea long uninterrupted naps are scurry.

Comment

People will come to the realization that science is bull**** before they abandon religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                    Yes we can feel it. Any openly religious person will verify this.
                    So it's subjective?

We believe people like you have it but aggressively dismiss it.
                    Well it's true that delusional people think that their delusion is real and shared by everyone. Otherwise it wouldn't be a delusion.

Only you know the truth, But only I know truth. And only the people who agree with me or disagree with me know the truth. Get it?
                    In other words you're saying that reality itself is subjective. Perception of reality in individuals may be subjective but reality isn't. Jump off a tall building. You'll see just how objective gravity can be.

People who believe know what truth is but so do the people who don't. Is the truth universal or different for everybody? An impossible question to answer unless you can experience the consciousness of someone else.
                    The way to determine what is true is to observe it and test it against your prior observations.

In short

Work it out on your own and for god sake KEEP IT TO YOURSELF while you do. That goes for both the believers and known believers. Nobody gives a flying FUK what you think either way.

/
                    This is a bull**** attempt to present a "both sides are equally valid" position. Both sides are not equally valid. The side of scientific naturalism tests observations to construct a model of reality, the side of religion is basically disproven by all the other religions.

Comment

Faith is believing in something with no evidence. I know that you are comfortable with that, I am not. I care too much about the truth to do that to myself.

Now as far as finding the missing pieces to the puzzle, I don't think science will ever find all the answers to the universe. I don't think that matters though, because the point isn't whether or not science can prove everything but why do you believe in a god that is invisible and you have no good proof of?

You cannot fault science for not knowing everything, then turn around and say "faith" is the reason I believe in god. It's a contradiction man,, plain and simple.

Now you can believe what you want and I'm sure it gives you confidence, strength and peace of mind. The only problem with that is, no matter what you believe, we are moving towards the truth.
                      The is proof. God is eternal there is already proof on something being eternal with no time bounds to it. There is proof the problem is people dont accept it.

Comment

Working...
                      X