Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk Amir Khan and the HYPE that he doesnt DESERVE.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Casual View Post
    I think people are writing Khan off a little to early. He is lightening quick and has good skills, as long as he doesn't leave himself wide open he should be fine. It's like everyone wants Khan to be knocked out again but why the hate? i'll hold my hands up because i was never a big fan of Khan but i've come to terms that he is a dangerous prospect in the future, he is not as chinny as some are making out.

Come on guys, let's give a little more credit to Khan. His defense was horrible vs Prescott, and cost him. Khan is a real threat in the future, watch this space.
    this

everyone should just enjoy watching him develop, we know he could get k'od but who gives a ****. its gonna be fun watching him develop i think

Comment

• Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
      Timothy Bradley -

Fights bums and low KO ratio opponents for his first 20 or so fights.

Beats a not very good 33 year old Junior Witter...who got a gift against Kotelnik.

Beats Edner Cherry who can't punch and had previously lost 4 times.

Knocked down twice by Kendall Holt even though he only has a 46% KO ratio. Plus he had lost to the great Torres, and Davis.

NC'd a blown up and old lightweight in Campbell, and could only do that because Campbell got cut.

We can all make peoples resumes look bad. And in my opinion Timothy Bradley is a damn good fighter.

Edner Cherry cant punch? perhaps you should watch what he did to Wes Ferguson on the Hatton/Mayweather undercard. Cherry has the power to put Khan out, that i guarantee!! you.

Oh please!! Holt would also put Khan in dreamland, he is just as quick, only he is more skilled technically. Bradley got up son, did Khan get up? that shot would of put Khan in an unconscious state.

But you did not just make Bradley's resume look bad. Witter has wins over Harris, N'Dou, guys who have held World Championships, Campbell beat Diaz and got jobbed out of a decision over Casamayor imo. Holt has beaten Diaz, Hlatshwayo, Tackie, Hopkins.

Its actually ******ed to think you can compare Bradley's opponents to Khan. Bradley's opponents have recognizable wins over fighters and some are former world Champs, Khan fights guys (Salita)with no names on their record in 30 fights, gets destroyed by a Prescott (a nobody) and almost knocked out by feather fisted Featherweights like Limond. Beats an aged legend who was a super bantamweight.

Comment

• I'm not a Khan fan, but Barrera didn't rock him all over the place.

And it takes alot of a young guy to come back from being KO'd within the first round to beat Barrera and even in the manner he did it (yes well past prime but still) and then beat a legitimate world champion with a world class defence. Kotelnik is no world beater but he's capable of rooting out the hypejobs and beat Maidana and Rees etc.

Khan is a good fighter and has the attributes to be a great one, time will tell. But he has all the skills so why not make him marketable? Why not give him exposure? People complain about boxers not getting enough mainstream exposure but Khan is pretty big in the UK and hes bringing boxing out again. Why not let that happen? It can only be good for you sport

Comment

• Originally posted by dynamite kid View Post
          edner cherry cant punch? Perhaps you should watch what he did to wes ferguson on the hatton/mayweather undercard. Cherry has the power to put khan out, that i guarantee!! You.

Oh please!! Holt would also put khan in dreamland, he is just as quick, only he is more skilled technically. Bradley got up son, did khan get up? That shot would of put khan in an unconscious state.

But you did not make bradley look bad. Witter has wins over harris, n'dou, guys who have held world championships, campbell beat diaz and got jobbed out of a decision over casamayor imo. Holt has beaten diaz, hlatshwayo, tackie, hopkins.

Its actually ******ed to think you can compare bradley's opponents to khan. Bradley's opponents have recognizable wins over fighters and some are former world champs, khan fights guys (salita)with no names on their record in 30 fights, gets destroyed by a prescott (a nobody) and almost knocked out by feather fisted featherweights like limond. Beats an aged legend who was a super bantamweight.
          damn.

Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
            Timothy Bradley -

Fights bums and low KO ratio opponents for his first 20 or so fights.

Beats a not very good 33 year old Junior Witter...who got a gift against Kotelnik.

Beats Edner Cherry who can't punch and had previously lost 4 times.

Knocked down twice by Kendall Holt even though he only has a 46% KO ratio. Plus he had lost to the great Torres, and Davis.

NC'd a blown up and old lightweight in Campbell, and could only do that because Campbell got cut.

We can all make peoples resumes look bad. And in my opinion Timothy Bradley is a damn good fighter.
            Bradleys resume is much better than Khans as it stands. Bradley was a big underdog in the Witter fight and he won comfortably and knocked him down. Cherry is not world class but the dude is good enough to hang with some of the best, hes better than Salita is.

Holt has been able to put down so good fighters, he has serious power. His finishing is god awful though. He put Diaz down and it took Pacquiao 9 before he could get him to the matt, but even though Diaz was visibly hurt Holt didn't turn up the heat. He does this he fights in spots. Bradley had excellent recovery skills in the Holt fight which is the only time during his extensive AM and Pro career that hes been down.

Granted he beats Peterson he'll have beaten another good fighter who was hyped as the next big prospect at 140 now that Ortiz has lost. Campbell quit, but w/e can't complain. Bradley was beating him in the fight before the TKO/NC. In the space of two years Bradley won two belts at 140 beat Witter, Holt and Cherry then faced Campbell and got a NC. It's and good resume for a champion so young.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              I'm not a Khan fan, but Barrera didn't rock him all over the place.

And it takes alot of a young guy to come back from being KO'd within the first round to beat Barrera and even in the manner he did it (yes well past prime but still) and then beat a legitimate world champion with a world class defence. Kotelnik is no world beater but he's capable of rooting out the hypejobs and beat Maidana and Rees etc.

Khan is a good fighter and has the attributes to be a great one, time will tell. But he has all the skills so why not make him marketable? Why not give him exposure? People complain about boxers not getting enough mainstream exposure but Khan is pretty big in the UK and hes bringing boxing out again. Why not let that happen? It can only be good for you sport

Thats fine, but lets not hear people trying to con hardcore fans into thinking Khan deserves more credit for beating former super bantamweights (controversially) and beating nobodies like Salita and losing fights to the likes of Prescott( nobody)

I aint having people try and con me, it is what is. If he wants respect he will fight for it, that means fighting better opponents who have a chance of beating him, see Bradley vs Holt, Peterson.

Comment

Working...
              X