No announcement yet.

N'Jikam is a bad move for Cotto.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
    How can you honestly take yourself seriously. Foreman had a solid 4th round, sure. He didn't "get his rhythm" though. He won the 4th and then clearly lost the 5th and 6th before he hurt his knee in the 7th.

Cotto may not have stopped him without the knee injury but he was outclassing him and any opinion that differs from that is flat out wrong.
    Same way as many other fans saw it. This whole "Foreman was getting to Cotto before the knee injury." is a complete myth. Cotto outclassed and outboxed him. He can do the same to N'Jikam, but the size and hand speed will make it tricky for him.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      How can you honestly take yourself seriously. Foreman had a solid 4th round, sure. He didn't "get his rhythm" though. He won the 4th and then clearly lost the 5th and 6th before he hurt his knee in the 7th.

Cotto may not have stopped him without the knee injury but he was outclassing him and any opinion that differs from that is flat out wrong.
      who the hell ever said Foreman was winning or was on his way to winning? I never said that, all said was Foreman style was giving Cotto problems...AND IT WAS, not matter how you or others try to SPIN IT, Foreman has a style that is difficult for anybody to deal with but then you throw in N'Dam N'Jikam Size, Speed, Hand Speed, and More Power then Foreman...the point of the comparison is that this current Version of Cotto I don't like that Match Up for him...that is the only point I was making, not to TROLL and make Cotto fans GET ALL EMOTIONAL and SENSITIVE, again I am a huge Cotto Fan myself, I just don't like that match up for him personally at this point in his career...PRIME COTTO yeah I think he blows N'Dam N'Jikam OF COURSE!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        who the hell ever said Foreman was winning or was on his way to winning? I never said that, all said was Foreman style was giving Cotto problems...AND IT WAS, not matter how you or others try to SPIN IT, Foreman has a style that is difficult for anybody to deal with but then you throw in N'Dam N'Jikam Size, Speed, Hand Speed, and More Power then Foreman...the point of the comparison is that this current Version of Cotto I don't like that Match Up for him...that is the only point I was making, not to TROLL and make Cotto fans GET ALL EMOTIONAL and SENSITIVE, again I am a huge Cotto Fan myself, I just don't like that match up for him personally at this point in his career...PRIME COTTO yeah I think he blows N'Dam N'Jikam OF COURSE!
        I don't even think he was giving him problems. He just didn't have the power to do it. Plus apart from his pillow punches and injury, he was made for Cotto. Cotto was breathing out his mouth by round 4, that's why I think he's already another quit or knockout waiting to happen against someone that brings tons of offense and can fight.

Comment

I think we could all agree that regardless who he fights at 160, it's gonna be a tough night for Cotto. If he beats any legitimate opponent up there, I consider it an accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I think we could all agree that regardless who he fights at 160, it's gonna be a tough night for Cotto. If he beats any legitimate opponent up there, I consider it an accomplishment.
            Yeah, it's going to be a tough fight, whoever it is. I hope its a one fight type of thing and go back to 154. Unless he can get Martinez into the ring

I think Martinez would lose to Cotto, but I think Chavez Jr will destroy him [Cotto]. Go figure

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              N'Jikam only has an interim belt. Cotto is not going to fight him.
              The WBO will strip Pirog then elevate N'jikam to Regular Champion without having to do anything so Cotto can become a 4 weightclass paper Champion.

Originally posted by Alec900 View Post
              N'Jikam had a LOT of trouble with short (5'4) pressure fighter in Avtandil Khurtsidze,Cotto has a chance
              +1 If Cotto fights like he did at 140 as a pressure fighter who brutalizes the body he can beat N'jikam but he seems to be under this delusion that he's a superb boxer. If he boxes N'jikam i don't see him winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                Cotto is stuck, JMW is full of dudes who'll kick his ass
                and MW against anyone is a big no no for him
                he earned the right to retire with the Floyd fight
                he did way better than he was supposed to and lost honorably
                he should take the money from that and retire
                There are at least two more high paying fights that can be made for Cotto before he even considers retirement.

Pacquiao and Canelo are fights that are waiting to be made for Miguel. A floyd rematch is also possible for him. He just have to play his cards right.

All those fights mean $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for him. Cotto is in a well deserved position with options to retire big time.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Clearly a Cotto fan in Denial lol I am a Cotto fan too but I have to call it like I see it, Foreman was effective with his style before hurting his Knee, started off slow but started to find his rhythm in the 4th Round I think it was

N'Dam N'Jikam is bigger then Foreman, faster and has much more Power and hand SPEED
                  lol see this is why i dont post here as much as i used to. I made a thread on how i think a guy can beat Cotto or at least would be a tough match up and i get some dumb **** like this. Cotto beat Foreman in every which way. Other than one right hand that landed in i think the 4th he whooped him. 1st Fantastic comes in and i have to slap him down like the ******ed monkey he is and now you. I respected your 1st opinion but this one was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I want him to stay at 154 and fight Canelo. Why go to 157 for a part time tittle? Cotto has no business at middleweight. What if he wins? Does he start a new 157 lb. weight class or will he be willing to fight the Chavez vs. Martinez winner at the full 160 pounds?
                    I agree if he's gonna fight him do it at 160. Either way it doesnt make sense to me when a Canelo fight which imo is a bigger and even easier fight that the fans want is possibly on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                      lol see this is why i dont post here as much as i used to. I made a thread on how i think a guy can beat Cotto or at least would be a tough match up and i get some dumb **** like this. Cotto beat Foreman in every which way. Other than one right hand that landed in i think the 4th he whooped him. 1st Fantastic comes in and i have to slap him down like the ******ed monkey he is and now you. I respected your 1st opinion but this one was a joke.
                      still don't get it, your still Talking about "COTTO BEAT FOREMAN" as if someone said he did not...DAMN today's boxing fans are EXTREMELY SENSITIVE!

Comment

Working...
                      X