Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor vs. Sam Soliman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supposedly Taylor is about to be 36 years old in three days so this is a bout between two old men in the division. Loser should retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      I would watch. I think that's a good fight for both guys at this stage. I know Jermaine probably doesn't deserve a title shot at this point but he is still a name.
      I was a huge Taylor fan coming up, for his flaws he was also a very good fighter. Very humble and hard working...he was classy too. I think he gets a bit underrated here and some people even call him a "hype-job".....he had flaws which showed later but his stamina caused him to get hurt and at this point it's dangerous....I do wish him the best though and good luck. Problem will be if he wins and tries to unify....

Comment

Soliman is fighting Jermain Taylor instead of Gennady Golovkin.

What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i don't like that taylor is still allowed to fight. nobody should be fighting after the kind of damage he suffered against abraham.

since i can't keep him from fighting, i'll try and take some comfort in knowing that he's in with such a light puncher. soliman can't break an egg. taylor shouldn't get hurt badly if his corner is looking out for him.

if he's eating clean shots and combinations, they should call the fight. taylor has money, last i checked. he's been smart with his investments. he probably lost a lot in '08, but people who were smart have gotten much of what they lost back.
          I thought he wasn't. Maybe I'm imagining things, but I thought Taylor was denied a license in one of the US states recently.

This won't be in America though, so that's a moot point.

Comment

I dont like this fight. What if JT wins? His crazy ass would probably fight GGG or Quillin to "prove he doesn't have a weak chin". Remember the post fight interview after the Truax fight?

Comment

Haymon pulling strings here. Soliman will need a KO in order to keep his belt. The winner of this fight will then be steered to fight either Jacobs or Quillin in a unification bout.

Power move by Haymon. He put cheese (faded big name Taylor) in a trap (no chance of decsion for Soliman) and the mouse took it (Sam looking for what he thinks is easy money and to keep his belt). There will be no IBF title for GGG here.

Comment

Who do you root for in this fight? What outcome do you root for? If Taylor wins, does that set up fights with some of the other top dawgs in the mw division? No sane boxing fan wants to see Jermain get battered and KO'd by Golovkin, Quilin or even Danny Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I thought he wasn't. Maybe I'm imagining things, but I thought Taylor was denied a license in one of the US states recently.

This won't be in America though, so that's a moot point.
                  Soliman said it'll be NY in late September.

Comment

This is the "big fight" they were talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      I dont like this fight. What if JT wins? His crazy ass would probably fight GGG or Quillin to "prove he doesn't have a weak chin". Remember the post fight interview after the Truax fight?
                      The Truax fight was two years ago, hopefully he's gotten a reality check since then. The sad part is, I could see Quillin fighting him.

Comment

Working...
                      X