No announcement yet.

Think Pacquiao has to work on his hooks and uppercuts more

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think Pacquiao has to work on his hooks and uppercuts more

those straights are easily avoidable for someone like mayweather, infact it should be easy for anyone that moves their head enough(which cotto did'nt do)

then, he'll be more accurate and just all round better i think if he could use more uppercuts in succession

i saw plenty of em vs cotto.

Comment

Can you name each of the punches that dropped Cotto?

Comment

Originally posted by rabad View Post
        Can you name each of the punches that dropped Cotto?
        straight right and a left uppercut....i forgot how stupid some of the people on this forum are, you think he uses enough of them? you know what i dont care, forget i asked

Comment

the first knockdown was on a right hook.the second was on a right hook left uppercut.

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
            those straights are easily avoidable for someone like mayweather, infact it should be easy for anyone that moves their head enough(which cotto did'nt do)

then, he'll be more accurate and just all round better i think if he could use more uppercuts in succession
            pac is quick enough to get away with these flaws....jmm did a good job of exploit some of his flaws, but he's getting alot better with his right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post

It's not as easy as you say it is. We're talking abut professional boxers here. Wouldn't they be smart enough to figure out that head movement would neutralize a straight left?

First, it's blazing fast. Most of the time it connects before the opponent can react.

Head movement may work for the first few rounds but may be more difficult to sustain in the later rounds so those straight lefts will connect over the course of a fight.

Second, head movement can be timed. Pro boxers work on their accuracy and timing a lot so mere head movement isn't enough to negate a straight left especially a darn good one like the one PAC has.

Third, Pacquiao throws it at weird angles and can throw it while moving in and out. This makes it difficult to anticipate when he's going to throw it.

Fourth, it can also be set up with a jab. Pacquiao's also double's up his jabs which makes his straight left more potent.

Pac also has a wide variety of punches so an opponent overly focusing on the straight left would be in for a tough night. I agree that they still need work but they are already devastating in their current form.

Can FMJ deal with Manny's left? Yes, I think he can because he's very gifted defensively. However, Manny's dynamic punches, speed, and ability to throw them at weird angles means that he will be able to connect.

Comment

Working...
              X