Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the **** did Gerald McClellan go to war with Nigel Benn....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    Association of Boxing Commisions rules....

9.1 - Boxer Knocked Through the Ropes and Unto the Ring Apron -
    If as a result of a legal blow a boxer is knocked through the ropes and unto the ring apron, but not completely out of the ring, the boxer will receive a (10) second count.

9.2 - Boxer Knocked Through the Ropes, unto the ring apron and then Falls Completely Out of the Ring -
    If as a result of a legal blow a boxer is knocked through the ropes and unto the ring apron and then during the count falls completely out of the ring and unto the floor the count shall change to a 20 count. In these cases there is a mandatory count of 18. A boxer who is knocked completely out of the ring may not be assisted by anyone.

9.3 - If as a result of a legal blow a boxer is knocked completely out of the ring and unto the floor the boxer will receive a twenty (20) count. In these cases a mandatory count of 18 will be administered. A boxer who is knocked completely out of the ring may not be assisted by anyone.

I was mistaken and you were correct...........
    Good find. Thanks for posting that.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      Never heard of that before but nothing would surprise me with Don King.

You see him after the fight trying to weasel his way into the Benn camp all whilst his fighter is lying badly injured on the canvas.
      Link to the Mclellan article:

http://www.theguardian.com/observer/...583541,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Somebody provides some valid points (even if you don't agree) and instead of debating, you post a spongebob gif? Lol

Comment

I always found the fight fascinating but of course the aftermath is horrible. Even when you go back and watch and you see things like the mouthpiece sticking out its crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            Association of Boxing Commisions rules....

9.1 - Boxer Knocked Through the Ropes and Unto the Ring Apron -
            If as a result of a legal blow a boxer is knocked through the ropes and unto the ring apron, but not completely out of the ring, the boxer will receive a (10) second count.

9.2 - Boxer Knocked Through the Ropes, unto the ring apron and then Falls Completely Out of the Ring -
            If as a result of a legal blow a boxer is knocked through the ropes and unto the ring apron and then during the count falls completely out of the ring and unto the floor the count shall change to a 20 count. In these cases there is a mandatory count of 18. A boxer who is knocked completely out of the ring may not be assisted by anyone.

9.3 - If as a result of a legal blow a boxer is knocked completely out of the ring and unto the floor the boxer will receive a twenty (20) count. In these cases a mandatory count of 18 will be administered. A boxer who is knocked completely out of the ring may not be assisted by anyone.

I was mistaken and you were correct...........
            You're an honorable dude. I salute you.

Comment

Working...
            X