No announcement yet.

Maidana/Broner moves to Dec 14th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana/Broner moves to Dec 14th

Here's the article he wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...broner-maidana

Basically, they're just trying to finalize the main event and everything else on the card.

Also, since Mares took up the rematch against Gonzo later this year, Dan asked Schaeffer if it could be on the card

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn 20h
    I asked Schaefer if Gonzalez-@abnermares00 2 might be on 12/14 @SHOsports PPV. His answer: 'Lots to discuss with @StephenEspinoza.' #boxing

So there's a possibility to help strengthen the card

I wonder if Devon vs Khan will also be moved to the DEC 14 date?. a bit pissed off that Maidana vs Broner has been delayed about 5 weeks but better late than never i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
      I wonder if Devon vs Khan will also be moved to the DEC 14 date?. a bit pissed off that Maidana vs Broner has been delayed about 5 weeks but better late than never i suppose.
      Well they still haven't decided where they want it yet have they?
      The two places they're looking at was NY and Dubai.... if they can get Vegas they can try... but don't think they have enough money for everybody.

Comment

good. hopefully this isn't still a ppv. and what about khan/devon? wasn't that on 12/14?

are they gonna do a split site dh?

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
          good. hopefully this isn't still a ppv. and what about khan/devon? wasn't that on 12/14?

are they gonna do a split site dh?
          I think it's still going to be a PPV.
          Don't know about Devon/Khan.
          Heck, that's been in discussion longer and still probably nowhere near close to signing.
          Who knows, they could be trying to put it on there.
          That would make it a PPV with the whack main.
          Devon/Khan and Mares/Gonzo would be undercards strong enough to support paying for it

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            I think it's still going to be a PPV.
            Don't know about Devon/Khan.
            Heck, that's been in discussion longer and still probably nowhere near close to signing.
            Who knows, they could be trying to put it on there.
            That would make it a PPV with the whack main.
            Devon/Khan and Mares/Gonzo would be undercards strong enough to support paying for it
            No way am I paying to see Broner fight maidana. I mean come the **** on. Broner/Maidana, kahn/devon, and mares/jhonny2 IMO is a great holiday card. Maybe I'd do 24.95 for all 3 but thats about it.

Comment

really excited to see this fight, it'll be a true test of Broner's chin. This fight really could make or break Broner's hype.. One thing's for sure, if he gets touched as much as he did against the feather-fisted Malignaggi, it'll be lights-out for Broner.

That being said, if they're really going to make this a PPV, they have to at least add the Khan Alexander fight to the card.. Broner-Maidanna doesn't belong on PPV without a very solid card.

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
                No way am I paying to see Broner fight maidana. I mean come the **** on. Broner/Maidana, kahn/devon, and mares/jhonny2 IMO is a great holiday card. Maybe I'd do 24.95 for all 3 but thats about it.
                I doubt they'll be ppv. But even if all those three fights were on one card, I don't think it'd be PPV. Broner and Khan are both pretty big, but none are ppv stars yet. Khan might've become one if he'd kept winning, but lets see what happens in these fights.

I'm looking forward to all three, especially the broner and devon fights.

Comment

We'll see... I don't think it should be stand alone PPV.... that main better have a solid undercard... even then, I'm paying half max of a Mayweather card for it.... Half is really pushing it.
                  I kind of don't want to because they're trying to force Broner into this new Mayweather role and I want no part of it

Comment

Working...
                  X