backstabing your gym and joining another 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backstabing your gym and joining another 1

whats your take on this guys?

i got a friend and says that this topic gets heated when a fighter jumps 2 another gym.

discuss

I did it recently, after I broke my wrist I went back to my original gym. Tried another gym the same week and felt the training was better at the other one, so went there instead.

I honestly think referring to it as "backstabbing" are just stupid. It's not as if you're getting it for free, you pay the money like everyone else and the same with any other service if it's not what you want you move to another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      I did it recently, after I broke my wrist I went back to my original gym. Tried another gym the same week and felt the training was better at the other one, so went there instead.

I honestly think referring to it as "backstabbing" are just stupid. It's not as if you're getting it for free, you pay the money like everyone else and the same with any other service if it's not what you want you move to another one.
      yeah dude. at the start of the year my gym jacked up prices (went from $77 for a 10 pass to $110 ffs), so i've been to heaps of gyms looking around. at the end of the day i'm a paying customer so i'm not obliged to be loyal to any particular gym.

Comment

The fighter must do whats best for him. No trainer/manager has to get pounded on in the ring when the bell rings, only the fighter.

I left my 1st gym when I turned pro. I had been there for 6 years or so but the owner of the gym ran all of the good trainers off and I was basicaly left to fend for myself. The owner was good for enthusiasm and working the mitts on a basic level but that was about it.

When I decided it was time to turn pro I called up Jackie and it was done, I started training at CMI and then eventually at Galaxy after she opened it up.

I was straight up with the owner at my old gym, I told him that I need more than pad work to get to the next level. He pleaded with me to stay saying that he could take me places but I felt differently. I told him that I was going with Jackie and that was it.

As a fighter you have to do what is best for you, especially in this sport where one fight could get you really hurt or even killed.

If I had to fight myself, theoreticaly, the fighter I was at Galaxy would have killed the fighter from the other gym.

You can get hurt in this game. Look out for yourself first, friendships come after the final bell........Rockin'

Comment

okay guys i understand with some people strugle with payments etc. etc...
          ive witnessed when a aggravated trainer *****es out on his former fighter, on sayin 'well i made him' or 'he aint ****' blah blah
          **** like that :/

rockin your a true professional, am sure it took balls for you and step up with your trainer who was your guidance for 6 years. that guy prob. got depressed

Comment

I think it is really important for any fighter to find the best gym for them. I spent 2 years at a gym that I felt had terrible energy, and made me hate training. I went to another gym and felt completely revitalized, and was more appreciated there.

Don't waste your time in a gym that is holding you back. Loyalty is important in life, but don't pledge it to someone who doesn't deserve it.

Comment

Working...
            X