No announcement yet.

Sonnen-Rampage feud

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonnen-Rampage feud

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson appeared on "Inside MMA" on Monday, and aired out his feelings on Chael Sonnen. While talking about Jackson's plans to fight Glover Teixeira in the last bout on his UFC contract, he also mentioned how he didn't like Sonnen being "disrespectful" and talking smack but not backing it up
    "What's his name? Chael? Chael's mouth gets his [expletive] in trouble," Jackson said. "The dude is exciting for, like, two minutes, and then you just want to turn down the volume. It's like he practices his stuff in the mirror that he goes out and says. He's a great wrestler. That's all I'm going to say, because everything else sucks.
    Sonnen responds via twitter:
    ‘If I could understand a single word @rampage4real said about me I might be mildly offended.’
    ‘Hard to hear @rampage4real all the way from the bottom of his pit of obscurity.’
    ‘Ya know @rampage4real, I was wrong about your acting ability. Calling me out was your best performance yet.’

Comment

im with rampage here, hes making good points while sonnen is just taking immature cheap shots without really saying anything worth a damn.

the best thing i thought rampage said wasnt quoted, he made a point about how most fighters (like himself) talk trash to sell a fight but chael talks trash just for the sake of it. i agree 100%, you shouldnt talk about ppl you arent gonna fight bcuz then its not so much trashtalk as just being a dick. chael even talks **** about ring card girls which is crossing the line, being dissrespected by fighters isnt part of their job. thats chael though, dissrespectful.

Comment

Rampage is a moron and he has no business calling out other fighters for being boring, or being disrespectful.

When was the last time Rampage was exciting? Like 5 years ago? If that?

Sonnen may indeed be boring, but at least he's somewhat up front about it.

Rampage will tell you he's going to slap this guy, or slam that guy or knock this guy out in pre-fight hype, then he gets in the cage and throws one haymaker every 40 seconds while plodding around the cage like he's in quicksand. Then when he gets beat by a wrestler or a fighter with a gameplan, he whines and says they are ruining the sport. But he's not even making an effort to win or to be exciting.

Rampage is the most disrespectful fighter in MMA. Sonnen acts like a piece of shyt but he's doing it to sell fights, set-up fights and entertain.

Rampage is just a straight up piece of shyt. It's who he is. Going on road rampages hopped up on energy drinks, acting bi-polar, acting like he's owed something when he doesn't do a lick of shyt for it, dry humping female reporters, insulting fans who are unsatisfied with the way he fights and rightfully so....I could go on forever.

Rampage is 10x more irrelevant than Chael is, and he's been calling out Chael for a while now and it's clear why. Rampage is fully aware of how good Chael is at selling PPV's and raking in dough, and he wants a piece of that and fighting Chael is the only way he'll get it.

Comment

I also saw some other youtube video here where Chael called Matt Hughes a jerk. If THAT's not the pot calling the kettle black. Yeah, I guess you'd know all about that Chael.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            I also saw some other youtube video here where Chael called Matt Hughes a jerk. If THAT's not the pot calling the kettle black. Yeah, I guess you'd know all about that Chael.
            It's not. Chael is mad cool IRL

Matt Hughes is a fuking jerk IRL.

Playing a Role where you're a jerk =/= being a fuking Jerk all the time

Comment

Originally posted by TheNegation View Post
              Rampage is a moron and he has no business calling out other fighters for being boring, or being disrespectful.

When was the last time Rampage was exciting? Like 5 years ago? If that?

Sonnen may indeed be boring, but at least he's somewhat up front about it.

Rampage will tell you he's going to slap this guy, or slam that guy or knock this guy out in pre-fight hype, then he gets in the cage and throws one haymaker every 40 seconds while plodding around the cage like he's in quicksand. Then when he gets beat by a wrestler or a fighter with a gameplan, he whines and says they are ruining the sport. But he's not even making an effort to win or to be exciting.

Rampage is the most disrespectful fighter in MMA. Sonnen acts like a piece of shyt but he's doing it to sell fights, set-up fights and entertain.

Rampage is just a straight up piece of shyt. It's who he is. Going on road rampages hopped up on energy drinks, acting bi-polar, acting like he's owed something when he doesn't do a lick of shyt for it, dry humping female reporters, insulting fans who are unsatisfied with the way he fights and rightfully so....I could go on forever.

Rampage is 10x more irrelevant than Chael is, and he's been calling out Chael for a while now and it's clear why. Rampage is fully aware of how good Chael is at selling PPV's and raking in dough, and he wants a piece of that and fighting Chael is the only way he'll get it.
              Your opinion sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                Your opinion sucks.
                Sorry you can't handle the truth

Comment

Originally posted by TheNegation View Post
                  It's not. Chael is mad cool IRL

Matt Hughes is a fuking jerk IRL.

Playing a Role where you're a jerk =/= being a fuking Jerk all the time
                  Yeah it is. Now who can't handle the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Yeah it is. Now who can't handle the truth.
                    I'm not going to bother arguing. If you can't grasp the concept of a guy who plays a role to entertain and a guy who cuts off a live pig's testicles and throws them at people for his own enjoyment, then I can't help you

Comment

Working...
                    X