Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doug Fischer tells me why he puts PAC n Hopkins over money this era and all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to go Doug. Floyd's career is full of holes. It's about proving yourself and performing. Pac is way above Floyd's résumé anyday even if he is undefeated. Undefeated doesn't mean Shyiet if you don't fight the fight at a given time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      HAHAHAHA!!!

So sad
      I guess you guys think Mayweather is in his prime at 38, 48 pro fights, and over 90 amateur fights

Pacquaio was never gonna beat Mayweather in the first place and just like everyone else he beat people like you got excuses ready soon as the winner of the fight is announced

that's was really sad

Couldn't beat Marquez clear one time, knocked out by 2 no names, and outboxed by a past prime Erik Morales but he was gonna beat the most skilled fighter of this era??? Yea right....both of you guys hoped someone could beat him and Pacquaio was the last hope left.

I never could envision how Pac was gonna beat him...never saw it happening

their is a difference between rooting for someone and who you'd bet on....Pac was never as good as the media, and Pacmaniacs made him out to be

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        The biggest seperater between the Two is that Pacquiao fought Cotto when Floyd was suppose to and won.

While Floyd chose to wait him out. Cotto turns out to be the 3rd most significant fighter in or around that weight class for the generation. Pacquiao fight him in his prime. Floyd waited for him to show signs of slowing.

The context of those wins is also lost. It was like holy ****, Pacquiao is moving up to 135, I think that might be a weight too high for him. Boom destruction.
        **** Pacquiao is moving up to 140, I am not sure if he can handle Hatton at 140, boom destruction. **** Pacquaio is moving up to 147, there is no way he is gonna manage that. BOOM DESTRUCTION.

And he was moving up against the best fighters in the world. Ive never been one to rank pacquiao highly, I always thought of him as a little bit more skilled Gatti, but he proved me wrong over and over and over again.

The Cotto fight was when I had to finally admit to myself, this little dude can fight.
        Cotto was prime in terms of age, but that is the worst Cotto ever. The only exception of a version of Cotto that might have been worse was the one who fought Trout. Both of them had horrific or no gameplan and lost badly 2 different ways. Mayweather fought a better version of Cotto regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          I guess you guys think Mayweather is in his prime at 38, 48 pro fights, and over 90 amateur fights

Pacquaio was never gonna beat Mayweather in the first place and just like everyone else he beat people like you got excuses ready soon as the winner of the fight is announced

that's was really sad

Couldn't beat Marquez clear one time, knocked out by 2 no names, and outboxed by a past prime Erik Morales but he was gonna beat the most skilled fighter of this era??? Yea right....both of you guys hoped someone could beat him and Pacquaio was the last hope left.

I never could envision how Pac was gonna beat him...never saw it happening

their is a difference between rooting for someone and who you'd bet on....Pac was never as good as the media, and Pacmaniacs made him out to be
          Oh no. I was laughing at the poster who wrote that. ITs sad that they have fallen to this extreme.

I know Pac only stood a punchers chance. Unlike them i do know this sport

Comment

• Originally posted by fetta View Post
            oh no. I was laughing at the poster who wrote that. Its sad that they have fallen to this extreme.

I know pac only stood a punchers chance. Unlike them i do know this sport
            i always said the only way he'd beat floyd is ala jones-tarver ko

Comment

• look i can respect dougies opinion but lets be honest here all the brothers know him for what a cornball he is

Comment

• Why do you always discredit Pac as FOTD? From 2000-2010(Jan 2010 i believe when he got the award) his resume was better then Floyds.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                  Why do you always discredit Pac as FOTD? From 2000-2010(Jan 2010 i believe when he got the award) his resume was better then Floyds.

he lost to a past prime Erik Morales and never beat Marquez clearly one time.....that's not the best of the decade in my book

Comment

Working...
                  X