Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with nerves the day of your fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Comment

Look, so many people are going to give you advice on this subject and the reality is, it's up to the type of person you are.

I have fighters that are on the verge of getting sick leading up to a fight. I have other fighters that sleep and don't even think twice about it.

I used to get nervous, but once I got hit, everything was ok.

Experience is going to determine how you handle the nerves, the more you fight, the more familiar the whole experience is going to be.

Comment

I know that everyone is different. Some people like to embrace their nerves, others do anything they can to calm them.

I just tell myself that if I'm not nervous going into a fistfight, something's wrong. The nerves dissipate the moment the bell rings.

Comment

Buss off nutts

Comment

I was being playful in my last post, although I am pretty sure it works...it just might work too well. Although I've heard that a very notable professional fighter has been caught banging before a fight. Not sure who it was or if they were doing to relax or just because though.

Anyways...

Confidence is probably the best antidote to nervousness for most people. And that should come long before the day of the fight. You should feel confident that whatever your goods are (skills/power/speed/intelligence/conditioning etc.) will be too much for whoever is across from you in the ring. This confidence should come from being incredibly prepared. If there is doubt, all the busting off of nuts or Kenny G. records will do little to help you.

Comment

Cus had a lot of insight into the nerves and fears that I fighter experiences. I don't want to get into too much detail, but you can find a lot of articles and interviews from Cus or Atlas/Rooney talking about Cus' explanations of fear.

Good stuff.

Comment

Think of all the good people I sparred with and know that they are better than the people I was going to fight

Comment

Listen to some heavy music you like.

Comment

Wrong Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DIB42 View Post

Cus had a lot of insight into the nerves and fears that I fighter experiences. I don't want to get into too much detail, but you can find a lot of articles and interviews from Cus or Atlas/Rooney talking about Cus' explanations of fear.

Good stuff.
                      Excellent post.

Comment

Working...
                      X