Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why all the hate for Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being a Champion is about being recognized as 'the man'.

being a 'champion' is about being one of a group of three or four men.

Comment

• Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310
      being a Champion is about being recognized as 'the man'.

being a 'champion' is about being one of a group of three or four men.
      I like Juan Manuel Marquez....but Cotto has a better resume...

you make no sense... you consider JMM an elite fighter of the 140's - 154's, based off what? being competitive with MP? ... He never fought at 154.... fought 2 people at welterweight... and never beat any of the true challenges at 140 at the time (Bradley, Peterson, Khan, Alexander, Morales, Maidana, Judah, I could continue)... he hasnt faced the opposition Cotto has in his career ... other than his bouts with Pacquiao (i thought he won at least 3/4) and Mayweather (he was far less competitive than Cotto)... he never fought another top 147 pounder.... Just because he beat Pacquiao doesnt mean he can beat another top 140 or 147 fighter... thats just silly, you saying that JMM was and elite fighter at these weights and Cotto wasnt... i dont think i can respond to you anymore... this is a clear UD for me...

BTW how did I know that when i asked you to name elite fighters... that you would come out with those exact 3 names... you are just like most people on these forums.... YOU "dont know **** about boxing"- Roger Mayweather

and if you consider floyd elite, im sure you respect his opinion...

Floyd to Cotto "that was a hell of a fight, yous a hell of a fighter... your a legend"

Lace up some gloves before you attempt to bash the career of an obviously great fighter

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
        I like Juan Manuel Marquez....but Cotto has a better resume...

you're just embarrassing yourself now.

you don't want to take my word for it?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...php?p=10447746

bear in mind, that thread was made before the third Pacquiao fight and the fourth Pacquiao fight (where JMM sparked an ATG cold while pushing 40).

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
        you make no sense... you consider JMM an elite fighter of the 140's - 154's, based off what? being competitive with MP? ... He never fought at 154
        firstly, just to clarify - does it matter that Marquez never fought at 154? you stated 140-154 as a weight-range, and Marquez has fought within that range. you didn't specify that candidates needed to have competed in each of those divisions.

elite status has nothing to do with weight classes. when we say 'elite', we're talking about who the very best guys in the sport are, period (presumably guys who might bear some kind of comparison with the All-Timers). Cotto is not one of them, period.

i told you which fighters have passed through that weight-range in that timeframe that can be called elite fighters without doubt.

i'm not going to trawl through the rest of that long-winded post when you don't even understand the criteria.

you said that Quintana is equivalent to Vargas and Cotto has a better CV than JMM.

Cotto was not elite, never will be. Cotto is certainly not Great, never will be. deal with it.
        Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-15-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• people really think Pac diehards and Floyd diehards are the worst on the boxing internet?

hey, at least those guys are going bananas over Great fighters.

Cotto is pretty damn good. Pacquiao, Mayweather, JMM, Hopkins = Great. Cotto will never even sniff a Top 100 AG list. give me a break over here.

Comment

Working...
          X