No announcement yet.

More impressive: 48-0 streak Larry Holmes or 43-0 Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
    Anybody that's deeply familiar with the Holmes era has to be facepalming at these posts. Holmes can probably be considered the GODFATHER & architect of modern day cherrypicking. Although he's never passed up on a fight with the Heavyweight equivalent of a Manny Pacquiao, there were several times during his reign where he chose to take on lesser fighters over more qualified, more experienced & higher ranked fighters in his division.

Floyd is easily a greater more accomplished boxer than Holmes and it's not really all that close. And that's meant as no knock against Holmes seeing as though he's one of my top 10 personal favorite boxers of all time.

Ok.. But what do you think would have happened to Floyd if he got hit flush with a Ernie Shavers right hand...?

Comment

Floyd...

Holmes has some solid wins but his best win is Norton who was still good but not prime...I thought he beat Spinks the 2nd time and Cooney is a good win...

Floyd hasn't beat any PRIME great fighters but Judah, Hatton, Corrales, Castillo, Ortiz are solid wins and although Oscar was old, Cotto wasn't Cotto anymore, and Marquez was at 147 they are still respectable wins...not to mention the Marquez win looks a whole lot better now...

Regardless Floyd's legacy will always be stained for not fighting Pacquiao...

EDIT: Forgot about Holmes' wins over Shavers, that 2nd fight was brutal, I mean Holmes was beating the living **** outta Shavers and he wouldn't go down towards the end...I still give the nod to Floyd but its close

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        Ok.. But what do you think would have happened to Floyd if he got hit flush with a Ernie Shavers right hand...?

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
          Floyd...

Holmes has some solid wins but his best win is Norton who was still good but not prime...I thought he beat Spinks the 2nd time and Cooney is a good win...

Floyd hasn't beat any PRIME great fighters but Judah, Hatton, Corrales, Castillo, Ortiz are solid wins and although Oscar was old, Cotto wasn't Cotto anymore, and Marquez was at 147 they are still respectable wins...not to mention the Marquez win looks a whole lot better now...

Regardless Floyd's legacy will always be stained for not fighting Pacquiao...

EDIT: Forgot about Holmes' wins over Shavers, that 2nd fight was brutal, I mean Holmes was beating the living **** outta Shavers and he wouldn't go down towards the end...I still give the nod to Floyd but its close

Which do you think are better wins.
          Holmes over Shavers I and II or Floyd over Cotto

Comment

Working...
          X