Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUESTION: Why is/was KESSLER considered so great? Why regarded so highly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't at all sure that Froch could put it all together that well for 12 rounds. Thought his mentality would let him down and get him in trouble along the way. But apart from one typically Frochian, wild, missed uppercut, he was smart for the duration...I was hoping to be proved wrong that way.

So I'm just going to relish this one, LOL. Carl Froch is great for boxing in 2010/11.

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
      If Pascal was green, what did that make Froch at the time? They were the first step up into elite competition for each other at the time and Froch has clearly improved since then. Regardless, if that fight comes off again, name you price and I'll bet you Froch wins again. It was a good fight last time but Froch won 8 or 9 rounds, it was clear as day who the better man was.
      Well Pascal had just turned 26. Froch was 31.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        No disrespect to Mikkel. A good guy, a handsome man, a good fighter. A gentleman.

But people are now giving other guys big props for fighting close with Kessler - specifically, Carl Froch.

Don't tell me that somebody has a great resume because they fought Kessler close. Who has Kessler ever beaten? What prime HOF'er did Kess knock off?

Isn't Kessler's legacy that he had TWO shots at the elite of the division, and he was outclassed in both instances?

Again, no disrespect to Mikkel. Solid. Good, even. Not great.
        He's a good fighter but nothing speacial.Kessler fights in straight lines and is very predictable.If ever he had fought someone like Hopkins then you would have called Kessler a bum

Comment

Kessler beat 30 fighters from the Americas and lost to one who headbutted him out of the fight.

He also gave Joe Calzaghe arguably his toughest fight, Calzaghe being a cut above everyone, and he beat Carl Froch (who KO'd Jermaine Taylor, beat Andre Dirrell and Jean Pascal).

Kessler deserves and earned whatever credit he gets and went out as a warrior.

Comment

If Pascal was green, what did that make Froch at the time? They were the first step up into elite competition for each other at the time and Froch has clearly improved since then. Regardless, if that fight comes off again, name you price and I'll bet you Froch wins again. It was a good fight last time but Froch won 8 or 9 rounds, it was clear as day who the better man was.
            8 or nine is pushing it. I had Froch winning 7-5 as did most. Really Pascals only problem was he brawled too much when he was boxing and moving he looked great. Also I think its assenine to compare a win over dawson who dominated the lhw division to abraham who was made to look like a chump by direll in only his second 12 round fight as of now.
            Last edited by street bully; 11-28-2010, 01:02 PM.

Comment

guys develop at different rates.

who has the better win: froch over abe or pascal over Dawson (at 175)?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Kessler beat 30 fighters from the Americas and lost to one who headbutted him out of the fight.

He also gave Joe Calzaghe arguably his toughest fight, Calzaghe being a cut above everyone, and he beat Carl Froch (who KO'd Jermaine Taylor, beat Andre Dirrell and Jean Pascal).

Kessler deserves and earned whatever credit he gets and went out as a warrior.
                The first major butt was in 4 and Ward won the first 4 just as easy. Styles make fights man.

Comment

Ward-Froch Final would be awesome. Both my dogs from before the tourney (and the most deserving pair from the Six) going all the way.

Johnson is a hard fight for Froch, though (and another quality name, even at Glen's advanced years). And Ward still has a job to do with Abraham.

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Ward >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kessler, punched him silly.

Froch will be remembered more highly than Kessler.

Just stop.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    The first major butt was in 4 and Ward won the first 4 just as easy. Styles make fights man.
                    The first truly injurious butt came in 8.

By which time Ward had given Kessler a facial tattooing to match that on his torso.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN IN WHITE View Post
                      Yeah, there are similarities, but there are also nuances.

Regardless, the point I'm making is - I don't think it required Dirrell to do what he did for Team Froch to conceive their gameplan. I mean, it makes obvious sense for Carl to fight Abraham that way and he didn't just get everything he needed to do it since April...the tools were always there, he just sharpened them for the task.
                      I have watched a pre-fight interview of Froch, and he clearly said Dirrell showed him how to beat AA. That he would use that blueprint. I think I watched it on Sky, but not sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X