Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Let's list the advantages and talk boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Let's list the advantages and talk boxing

Just copy and paste and fill in the blanks

Power:

Speed:

Ring Intelligence:

Adaptability:

Offense:

Defense:

Inside Work:

Chin:

Stamina:

Trainer:

Footwork:

Heart:

Ring Generalship:

Intangibles:

Prediction:
    Last edited by Rabbit ♠; 12-04-2009, 11:29 AM.

Should I add PPV draw to the list?

Comment

Power:PACQUIAO

Speed:EVEN

Ring Intelligence:FLOYD

Adaptability:FLOYD

Defense:FLOYD

Inside Work:FLOYD

Chin:EVEN

Stamina:EVEN

Trainer:PACQUIAO

Footwork:FLOYD

Heart:EVEN

Ring Generalship: FLOYD

Intangibles:FLOYD

Prediction:FLOYD

Comment

i like the thought of this thread..too bad many will come in and hijack it and instead of talking about the fight IN THE RING..many will make it a flame thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit-punches View Post
          should i add ppv draw to the list?
          they don't want to talk strategy...all they know is pacquiao got to throw a lot of punches and bring pressure like never before...lol

Comment

Power: Pacquaio. Floyd does apart from he can't use it because fo his hands

Speed: Pac has combination speed while Floyd perhops has potshot speed

Ring Intelligence: Floyd for sure. He doesn't get into a fight out of choice

Adaptability: Floyd. He has the ability to read a fighter very quickly. Pac is good too though

Defense: Floyd fights on the back foot. Not easy to do at all. Very hard to get through because he has his eyes open all the time and reads shots that he can see

Inside Work: Floyd and Pac are even. Floyd showed in the Hatton fight that he can, but then Hatton is very open.

Chin: Floyd and Pac now have great chins. Floyd has only been dropped down once I believe VS jUDAH AND pAC TOOK Cotto's punches like a man.

Stamina: Pac on this. Floyd and him are great athletes but Pac has more intensity and that requires a hell of a lot of stamina while Floyd conserves energy. He's efficient and could last 15 rounds at his own game too, but Pac gets this one

Trainer: Roach. Both are good and both get respect from their fighters. Both have good mit work but Pac without Roach would not be the same.

Footwork: Both equal for me. Pac can dart in and out and turn. Floyd can float from the middle to the ropes and around the ring.

Heart: Pac has more heart. He gets buzzed but comes back at you. That being said Floyd hasn't been tested recently, but he has been inactive.

Ring Generalship: Floyd wins this. Pac is starting to figure out how to dart around a fighter more if he needs to, and can cut the ring off, but Floyd can move around a ring like it's the back of his hand. Also Floyd can be dirty if needed.

Intangibles: Both have speed and one is a great offensive fighter while the other is a great defensive fighter. Equal

Prediction: I really have no idea. I just hope it gets made

Comment

Power:PACQUIAO

Speed:EVEN

Ring Intelligence:FMW

Adaptability:FMW

Defense:FMW

Inside Work:FMW

Chin:FMW

Stamina:EVEN

Trainer:PACQUIAO

Footwork:FMW

Heart:EVEN

Ring Generalship: FMW

Intangibles:FMW

Prediction:FMW getting robbed

Comment

Power: Pac- already shows he is getting better and better, and that means stronger too.

Speed: EVEN. however, i believe its how you use speed and May takes this with his style against Pac.

Ring Intelligence: May. However, Pac has shown in the Cotto fight he has balls as well as iq. (how he sized cotto up the first rounds and then was able to take his punches. Also, he knew cotto wasn't just running, he was going for a one-hit K.O)

Adaptability: Hmmm tough but I'd have to go with floyd.

Defense: Floyd

Inside Work: Pac.

Chin: Hmm, hard to say. Never seen May's test by a hard HARD hit. soooo...I'd say Pac.

Stamina: EVEN

Trainer: Roachadamus has proven to me enough that he gets this.

Footwork: Pac

Heart: Pac has chased down bigger challenges and has been in more wars, so Im only saying this since i've seen pac in more situations.

Ring Generalship: May (with his style)

Intangibles: EVEN

Prediction: Arrrgghhh hard to say, I'll just put DRAW (yes! first to say!) for now.

Quick reply to this message

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                  Power: Pacquaio. Floyd does apart from he can't use it because fo his hands

Speed: Pac has combination speed while Floyd perhops has potshot speed

Ring Intelligence: Floyd for sure. He doesn't get into a fight out of choice

Adaptability: Floyd. He has the ability to read a fighter very quickly. Pac is good too though

Defense: Floyd fights on the back foot. Not easy to do at all. Very hard to get through because he has his eyes open all the time and reads shots that he can see

Inside Work: Floyd and Pac are even. Floyd showed in the Hatton fight that he can, but then Hatton is very open.

Chin: Floyd and Pac now have great chins. Floyd has only been dropped down once I believe VS jUDAH AND pAC TOOK Cotto's punches like a man.

Stamina: Pac on this. Floyd and him are great athletes but Pac has more intensity and that requires a hell of a lot of stamina while Floyd conserves energy. He's efficient and could last 15 rounds at his own game too, but Pac gets this one

Trainer: Roach. Both are good and both get respect from their fighters. Both have good mit work but Pac without Roach would not be the same.

Footwork: Both equal for me. Pac can dart in and out and turn. Floyd can float from the middle to the ropes and around the ring.

Heart: Pac has more heart. He gets buzzed but comes back at you. That being said Floyd hasn't been tested recently, but he has been inactive.

Ring Generalship: Floyd wins this. Pac is starting to figure out how to dart around a fighter more if he needs to, and can cut the ring off, but Floyd can move around a ring like it's the back of his hand. Also Floyd can be dirty if needed.

Intangibles: Both have speed and one is a great offensive fighter while the other is a great defensive fighter. Equal

Prediction: I really have no idea. I just hope it gets made
                  Good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
                    Good stuff
                    What about yours?

Comment

Working...
                    X