Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Floyd's straight right? What Pac will do when that happens....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horge View Post
    Floyd Jr. can't "underrate" it, because Floyd Jr. can deal with it easily,
    on a punch-by-punch, or combo-by-combo basis of reckoning.

IMO, Manny's workrate and stamina, and not any signature punches,
    are what ought to concern Floyd. He may know what to do to beat
    Pac on an exchange-by-exchange basis, but sustaining the effort for
    10+ rounds while still mounting a credible offense might be an issue.

Of course, I am generalizing to keep this short.
    JM2
    Manny's right hook is becoming quite "signature".

Manny's work rate/speed at lower weights was 2x more than the present Pacquiao, and yet Marquez was able to overcome that because he was what Floyd currently is: Smart, amazing counter-puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by mikelovesfood View Post
      The counter right hook by Pac against Marg couldn't have been any better.

Floyd goes down on that same punch.
      Pac's counter right hooks were fine esp. against Marg but were talking of Floyd here

he won't be that stupid for being tagged by same technique the rest of the fight

Pac should work the body or make Floyd turn around regularly to confuse his timing

Comment

Originally posted by horge View Post
        Floyd Jr. can't "underrate" it, because Floyd Jr. can deal with it easily,
        on a punch-by-punch, or combo-by-combo basis of reckoning.

IMO, Manny's workrate and stamina, and not any signature punches,
        are what ought to concern Floyd. He may know what to do to beat
        Pac on an exchange-by-exchange basis, but sustaining the effort for
        10+ rounds while still mounting a credible offense might be an issue.

Of course, I am generalizing to keep this short.
        JM2
        Where was that workrate in the fights against Marquez? He didn't get over 650 in either fight if I am not mistake. Why? Because Pac can't deal with a smart counter puncher. If Marquez can do it, Floyd can do it twice as good and as easy. At the bare minimum, Floyd can fight him as Marquez did in both fights and do a better job at it. And, Floyd's stamina is just as good as Manny's.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
          Pac's counter right hooks were fine esp. against Marg but were talking of Floyd here

he won't be that stupid for being tagged by same technique the rest of the fight

Pac should work the body or make Floyd turn around regularly to confuse his timing
          I'm not saying he'll constantly get tagged when he tries to straight right.

It'll only take a few good right hooks like that will make Floyd think twice next time he considers throwing it again.

I think its fantastic Floyd fighting close up. Great for fans.

Also great for Manny because he's is deffff not beating Floyd if he decides to go on his bicycle.

If Floyd tries to match punch for punch w/ Pac in the middle its game over.

Floyd is smart so he won't do that, but at some point in the match I think he will.

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
            Why did u bother posting this nonsense. So Margarito's handspeed compares to FMJ now? Whether u like it or not, Pac will be there to hit, just like he always is. Floyd is elusive and hard to hit, Pac on the other hand, is not!
            floyd is not as hard to hit when he is fighting southpaws...just so you know!

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
              Where was that workrate in the fights against Marquez? He didn't get over 650 in either fight if I am not mistake. Why? Because Pac can't deal with a smart counter puncher. If Marquez can do it, Floyd can do it twice as good and as easy. At the bare minimum, Floyd can fight him as Marquez did in both fights and do a better job at it. And, Floyd's stamina is just as good as Manny's.
              Floyd's hasn't been pushed to that limit to tell us he has better/equal stamina to Manny. I think at this very moment Manny takes it as far as endurance goes no doubt in my mind.

Good point on JMM though, but that was a different Pac. I truly believe he's a lot better now w/ his defense than he was back then.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                floyd is not as hard to hit when he is fighting southpaws...just so you know!
                Take your blinkers of kid he is extremely hard to hit CLEANLY , not close not grazing , its only happened a few times in 42 fights , just so you know !

Comment

We may never know, sad aint it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikelovesfood View Post
                    Floyd's hasn't been pushed to that limit to tell us he has better/equal stamina to Manny. I think at this very moment Manny takes it as far as endurance goes no doubt in my mind.

Good point on JMM though, but that was a different Pac. I truly believe he's a lot better now w/ his defense than he was back then.

We have to disagree on that one. When have you seen FMJ tired in a fight? We have seen Pac there many times! The fact that he isn't pushed that much just tells you how good he is, it doesn't mean he doesn't have the stamina. In training, FMJ fights long rounds, brings a fresh guy in and keeps going. So we know he is not a slouch at all when it comes to stamina.

What is so different about Pac other than using his right hand more? How is his defense so much better? There is no way with his speed & footwork should he get hit as much as he did against slow azz Margarito, if his defense is so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Take your blinkers of kid he is extremely hard to hit CLEANLY , not close not grazing , its only happened a few times in 42 fights , just so you know !
                      im talking about southpaws you dumb b1tch....pretty sure you dont know how many southpaws floyd has fought...how many southpaws has floyd fought?

Comment

Working...
                      X