Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach, Flores Tabbed As NBC Sports Fight Night Announcers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach, Flores Tabbed As NBC Sports Fight Night Announcers

New York - January 12, 2012 - The NBC Sports Network today announced that Hall-of-Fame boxing trainer Freddie Roach and cruiserweight contender B.J. Flores team up with NBC's veteran broadcaster Kenny Rice to provide commentary for the network's new NBC Sports Network Fight Night Series.

The first Fight Night broadcast will be on the new NBC Sports Network on Saturday, January 21st beginning at 9 p.m. ET when heavyweight contenders Eddie Chambers and Sergei Liakhovich face off live from Philadelphia's historic Asylum Arena. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
    New York - January 12, 2012 - The NBC Sports Network today announced that Hall-of-Fame boxing trainer Freddie Roach and cruiserweight contender B.J. Flores team up with NBC's veteran broadcaster Kenny Rice to provide commentary for the network's new NBC Sports Network Fight Night Series.

The first Fight Night broadcast will be on the new NBC Sports Network on Saturday, January 21st beginning at 9 p.m. ET when heavyweight contenders Eddie Chambers and Sergei Liakhovich face off live from Philadelphia's historic Asylum Arena. [Click Here To Read More]
    um you see how like when UFC was gonna be on Fox they put their best fight on?

cuz like...you don't want people to say "oh nowww i remember why i don't watch boxing".

put on gamboa or rios or somebody.

Comment

No offence but why the fck do they put roach? A guy who stutters almost every word does not make for a good commentator

Comment

I am usually the type of guy that rips new ones left and right. As a fair man who puts actions over the personal issues I have with someone, I must give Top Rank and Bob Arum props for bringing boxing to NBC Sports Network. It would have been better if it would have been on NBC. NBC Sports Network, formerly known as VS, is a cable network. Not a regular TV network but I have to give credit none the less. I commend them for pushing for more networks to air boxing. At least on that front, Bob Arum and Top Rank are doing something to help the sport. Now if we can get cross promotional fights involving Top Rank, we'd see less of the legally fixed fights. Congrats to BJ Flores and Freddie Roach for landing their respective jobs. I'm looking forward to being a part of the new era by offering my share of a rating point.

Comment

Originally posted by elplayapimp View Post
          No offence but why the fck do they put roach? A guy who stutters almost every word does not make for a good commentator
          Agreed, horrible choice.

I hope there's a SAP spanish choice on the audio feed. No offence to Freddie Roach but he should retire, his body is telling him to.

Comment

Originally posted by elplayapimp View Post
            yeah, although it will probably upset some people, he's not gonna be good. aside from the obvious vocal issues he's not got the charisma, and to be honest i i don't think he really talks good boxing full stop. he's not that insightful off the cuff either i don't think, in a way that emanuel steward, for example, is. i wonder who the heck chose roach??!! i suppose at least he has that star appeal thing going on in abundance.

Comment

Kenny Rice is godawful.

Comment

Roach, the most over-rated trainer in this generatioin isn't a good fit, cuz of Parkinsons and his biasedness & Flores isn't bad, if u saw him on ESPN...he does color better than he fights...

Comment

Working...
                X