Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac vs Rios starts at 11am, is that a safe time to be fighting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
    You are thinking EST fights in Vegas the main event starts at 8 pm there
    Yes but east coast fights start very late

I remember Cotto-Foreman started at almost 1 am

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
      Exactly. I actually never understood why boxers fight 11pm that is ******ed. You're up ALL day long and are winding down to go to sleep and now you have to fight the biggest fight of your life? A morning fight makes far more sense
      I doubt they're awake all day, there was a 24/7 recently that showed one of these fighters sleeping and it was pitch black in the room, I can't remember who it was though.

Comment

Wasn't Tyson/Douglas around this same time when they fought?

And yet Douglas put on a performance of a life time the same way I see Pac doing so to Brandon...

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
          Wasn't Tyson/Douglas around this same time when they fought?

And yet Douglas put on a performance of a life time the same way I see Pac doing so to Brandon...
          Wasn't Thrilla in Manila also fought on a Sunday morning?

And agree with Russian Crushin. Main events on the east coast always start at around 11 pm. I don't understand why they have to be so late. Same with fights in Europe.

Comment

I dont know about you guys but I can knock out a motherfucker anytime of the day and I aint even a pro, so they be okay.

Comment

Ali-Foreman "Rumble in the Jungle" started at 4 AM local in Congo

Comment

Originally posted by ladiesman217 View Post

And agree with Russian Crushin. Main events on the east coast always start at around 11 pm. I don't understand why they have to be so late. Same with fights in Europe.
                They are late because these fights are predominantly are in the west coast thus the three hour time difference.

Comment

It's okay, Pacquiao and Rios' mothers will be there to keep them safe.

Comment

Originally posted by ladiesman217 View Post

It's a poor business strategy for a fringe sport that relies on pulling in the casual fan to make up its revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      The PPV starts at 8am their time, which accommodates for US people to buy the PPV, but is that fair to have fighters fighting at that time?
                      When Forch fought Ward in America, it would have been at about 4am/5am for him, was that fair? The fighter just needs to adjust their train schedule to match the change in time.

Comment

Working...
                      X