Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Martinez ranked above Ward p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

martinez is jumping up weight classes knocking bigger guys out .

What is ward doing ? Getting decisions against plodders his own size

Comment

Comment

Cuz he KO's decent Euros?

Comment

ward gets more credit for beating kessler then joe calzaghe did

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
            he shouldn't be especially after the year Ward had and is currently the reigning Fighter Of The Year, not really sure if Martinez or Donaire should be higher then him, their last few fights have been against Average fighters while Ward just spent the last few years taking on the very BEST in his division
            the very best at 168 would be bute and the dirrell brothers. abraham was in a tough fight with dirrell and just lost to froch, i think him being a tough opponent heading into the ward fight was out the window. green sucks and i don't think bika is among the very best. froch imo is overrated. he has heart but he's not much of a challenge to someone like ward. i mean how many people thought ward was going to lose? ward clearly beating froch with a broken hand just showed what quality of level fighter froch is, just imo...
            martinez hasn't been fighting the absolute best either. guys like barker and dzinziruk are average if anything, but i think macklin has shown in his last two fights that he's among the top in the MW division. he got the short end of the stick vs sturm, i mean we all know that some feel he was robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
              because he's the better fighter
              this^^^^^^^

Comment

Martinez is #3 and Ward is #4 is they are close and Donaire or Marquez are just as deserving of the #3 spot as either of them. If Ward beats Dawson clearly then he will be #3 for sure. If Dawson clearly beats Ward then maybe Ward is not as good as some think he is.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                  he shouldn't be especially after the year Ward had and is currently the reigning Fighter Of The Year, not really sure if Martinez or Donaire should be higher then him, their last few fights have been against Average fighters while Ward just spent the last few years taking on the very BEST in his division
                  Best post of the thread!!!!!

Green your way ........

Sidenote:

Mikkel Kessler
                  Allan Green
                  Arthur Abraham
                  Carl Froch

Ward beating the above list of opponents, far outweighs Martinez's last five opponents easily.
                  Last edited by arraamis; 05-21-2012, 06:51 AM.

Comment

because sergio KOŽed his last 4 opponents that all where either unbeaten or never been knocked down.

That is impressive for a small middel weight fighting big middelweights

Comment

Pfp, is all opinion. I personally have Ward & Martinez higher than the consensus 1 & 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X