Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigel Benn VS Gerald Mcclellan revisited.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel Benn VS Gerald Mcclellan revisited.

This is my first fight that I ever saw at age 10 or something.

I haven't seen it for a while.

It brings back memories. Good and bad.

I never knew boxing then but recall my friends telling me of Benn being in prison and stuff.

What a great fight. Both showed so much heart.

G Man was a beast.

Nigel always will have my respect, I love him. Heart of a lion and such a man outside it.

If these two were around at 168 today...

The ref was crooked as hell (french ref), jumping in the way for no reason, but Benn is allowed 20 secs to return inside if anyone mentions that.

EDIT: Just thought of this in reply later on.

This fight is just a reminder for me, often I forget that boxing is dangerous and people lose or basically have no life left.

Respect fighters because they all fight to feed their family and risk their lives.
    Last edited by Pension-Killer; 05-19-2010, 06:23 PM.

One of the best and worst nights in boxing.

Comment

Such a great fight and such a tragic ending. Even Benn fainted as he was going to his locker room

Comment

If not for the tragic ending, it would have been considered one of the greatest fights of all time. Awesome fight.

It's hard watching now because you know what happens, and there are little things you see like The G-Man wincing and blinking his eyes, having his mouth piece out his mouth and **** like that which obviously make it horrible to watch.

Also, the first round is so frustrating because of that completely incompetent ref, what an absolute joke he was.

Comment

The ref was terrible. Nigel Benn and McClellan are one of my favorite fighters. Tragic ending but and epic battle. In my opinion it still is one of the greatest fights in boxing yet one of the most tragic ones.

Comment

I fucking love Nigel Benn!

Comment

Just as everyone else has said, one of the best/worst nights in recent boxing memory. Man, if the Super Middleweight division had the Super Six with these guys in it, or even a 12 man tournament, think about that, sized up with people from now and then.

Today's Super Six, possibly with Bute included instead of Taylor in the beginning

James Toney, Nigel Benn, G-Man, Eubank, Roy Jones, Joe Calzaghe

Good god, what a bunch of barnburners those fights would be. Back on topic though, it truly is sad to see what's happened to McClellan, one of the reasons why boxing needs some sort of retirement/pension program to support fighters when they have given the sport so much and are left with massive health problems because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                I fucking love Nigel Benn!
                That man was an animal in the ring.

Comment

A number of hits were close to the back of the head of GMan.

Comment

i loved this fight and remember watching it live but i cant bring myself to watch it again!!

Comment

Working...
                    X