No announcement yet.

Bj Penn getting his fire back?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
    I don't see Henderson giving Diaz a problem standing, his boxing is too nice. And Nate's Jiu Jitsu is really second to none, just a brown belt but both the Diaz brothers have shown that their guard is so dangerous.

I don't know man, it might be Nate's time.
    Absolutely not. Bendos wrestling and bjj defence means nate stands little chance. Now standin up nate got it all day but bendo aint standin wit nate and as much as i like nate his wrestling deficiancy cost him against joe daddy and clay guida. Kills me cuz i would love to see nate as champ but until him and nick get cro cop like tdd there always gonna fall against the higher level wrestlers. As far as bj goes i lost all respect for dude he a hoe if he really said that i mean we all saw the fight we all kno nick got in that a$$

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
      I don't see Henderson giving Diaz a problem standing, his boxing is too nice. And Nate's Jiu Jitsu is really second to none, just a brown belt but both the Diaz brothers have shown that their guard is so dangerous.

I don't know man, it might be Nate's time.
      Bendo's wrestling is the only thing that worries me. Jim Miller has slick Jiu Jitsu too and Bendo was able to nullify his ground game. Don't get it twisted, I'm a Diaz fan thru and thru and believe Nate could be the champion. I just think he'd have an easier fight with Edgar....

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
        Absolutely not. Bendos wrestling and bjj defence means nate stands little chance. Now standin up nate got it all day but bendo aint standin wit nate and as much as i like nate his wrestling deficiancy cost him against joe daddy and clay guida. Kills me cuz i would love to see nate as champ but until him and nick get cro cop like tdd there always gonna fall against the higher level wrestlers. As far as bj goes i lost all respect for dude he a hoe if he really said that i mean we all saw the fight we all kno nick got in that a$$
        **** that, Nate beat Guida and you know it....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          **** that, Nate beat Guida and you know it....
          Yea but me and u aint judges and we all know in north america guida gets the decision all day. I thot lil nog beat davis but knew he wouldnt get the decision. And i dont know about nate beating frankie either. Frankies stand up is rediculous and his speed and wrestling are sick even if nates reach is too much he aint stoppin that takedown. Face it folks if its in north america wrestling is gonna always win out look at kampmann vs sanchez

Comment

Sauce = Graciefighter.com

BJ Penn has apparently not come to terms with the beating he received at the hands of Nick Diaz.

At some point it is up to those around you to protect you from yourself. To take you aside and let you know you are wrong and help save you from your folly. Unfortunately for Penn he is surrounded by “Yes Men” that are unwilling to do that. The outcome will be predictable, resulting in a fighter that will never push himself to the fullest and will always have excuses for his losses

Comment

Nate-Bendo is a fight that I can see Nate putting hands on him. In my mind I keep seeing Bendo getting done like Gomi did. He'll not expect the range, get tagged 300 times, shoot and if it's successful... I'mma flip my shit, cause it's probably over at that point.

Comment

Strategies go out the window when a guy starts slapping the **** out of you and you cant do nothing about it... Nate has evolved and got better since his losses to Guida and Stevenson.. I can see Nate doing the same thing to Hendo. Nates jab and range are deadly, hs uses his range and physical advantages very well..
                Last edited by RIZO24; 01-06-2012, 06:20 AM.

Comment

I'm a huge fan, the guy really has given me many great moments in mma.

But he's clearly becoming a bit delusional. There's no consistency in his training, he is indeed surrounded by yes-men and that Parillo guy is just useless. EVERY UFC fighter trains in all aspects of the game, Penn is not the only one anymore with good hands and a great a groundgame. Not to mention his cardio, my god it's just so frustrating to know if anything goes beyond the 2nd round he's screwed.

He showed up fat and out of shape against a cardio monster like Diaz. Diaz neutralized his JJ beautifully and then layed a beating on him, especially to the body where Penn lost any power or snap by the 2nd round.

When he trained with Marinovich he was in shape, explosive, fast, durable...I understand Sanchez and Florian aren't the same as Edgar, Diaz or Fitch but you can clearly see the difference in his his body shape, movement and confidence. You GOTTA train your ass off now, the UFC has reached that level. There's no way he can come back and be top5 even at LW if he doesn't take his training to the next level.

Comment

Now he's calling out Cesar Gracie....

@CesarGracieBJJ Excuses?? The whole world knows I lost the fight including myself. I’m tired of you talking down to me Cesar, I hope you’re in training camp right now because the next time I see you, you better not be “scared homie!”
                    Because Cesar is a fighter? I'd lol hard if he actually tried to hit Cesar when the fight team was round. It'd be the whole Mayhem debacle over again except worse....

Comment

Working...
                    X