No announcement yet.

[Twitter Wars] Kevin Iole and Oscar De La Hoya Exchange Over Twitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dempsey-Roll View Post
    i dont recall fishnets saying he cant get a hold of arum in this convo. he said 2 months ago arum doesnt respond. what about now when Pac and Floyd clearly wanted each other??
    He implies it, as he's been doing in recent weeks. You've gotta read between the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      2) Oscar doesn't represent floyd so why would Bob care what him or schaefer have to say? He can go **** off
      How do you know Oscar isn't in business with Floyd, because Arum told you? Would you believe Oscar if he said Arum isn't representing Pacquiao for this fight?

Comment

its interesting though. Arum runs his mouth and lies everyday and no one checks him. Oscar gets on twitter and calls him out and Iole throws on the full court press and starts digging in on him for things outside of what he is talking about.Why is Iole so bothered by OScar making this public he really shouldn't care either way.He threw defense up "like how dare you talk about Arum like this.Calling out his obvious lies you should know better"

Kevin - @OscarDeLaHoya I think both sides are. This isn't one or the other. It's both of you. But I give up. You're screwing up your own business.

Oscar - I talk about it so I can expose this guy to the fans who are demanding this fight. But it's ok for him to lie behind the press?

Kevin - @OscarDeLaHoya Do you seriously think making these juvenile comments is going to make Bob say, I'll call Richard so Oscar stops? Come on!

Kevin - @OscarDeLaHoya And when you have a chance to do something to make good fights, you give us Broner, Canelo & Russell versus total stiffs. Oscar, didn't I send you my number today so you could call me to tell me your side? Which you didn't do. I have criticized Bob very strongly in the past for his failures to get this done. But where's the urgency now?
        that convo reads like oscar vs. a top rank employee. deflection and all
        Last edited by LupinIII; 11-30-2011, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LupinIII View Post
          its interesting though. Arum runs his mouth and lies everyday and no one checks him. Oscar gets on twitter and calls him out and Iole throws on the full court press and starts digging in on him for things outside of what he is talking about.Why is Iole so bothered by OScar making this public he really shouldn't care either way.He threw defense up "like how dare you talk about Arum like this.Calling out his obvious lies you should know better"

that convo reads like oscar vs. a top rank employee. deflection and all
          no offense but hardly or just just how about NO.. read the whole first post and you will see Oscar asked Kevin to start it all off, and then some

Comment

It's 1 - 1. Because Oscar owned Iole a few weeks ago.
            http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=512768

Comment

Mayweather-Pacquiao is perhaps the most significant fight to be made this generation. Iole is way too quick to dismiss Arum's reluctance to sit down at the negotiation table (while bsing to the media), and really deflecting/down play its significance by comparing it to Alvarez-Kirkland.

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya is right to some degree though about the media being too afraid to criticise Bob Arum's fighters.

Who remembers last year when Kevin Iole wrote this article about Mayweather in July?

Kevin Iole: Mayweather exposed as a chicken
                http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...dducking072710

I find it hilarious that he wrote that about Mayweather in 2010 BUT since Pacquaio and Arum's blatant ducking of Floyd has refused to do something similar to them.

C'mon I'm just calling it like I see it. Yes Iole owned to some degree De La Hoya. But if you look at the bigger picture De La Hoya's right about the media being scared to criticise Bob Arum's fighters. Iole's silence these recent weeks and refusal to call Arum and Pac out for their blatant ducking or anything else for a matter, yet he can call Mayweather a chicken just shows it all - the proof is there in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
                  Oscar De La Hoya is right to some degree though about the media being too afraid to criticise Bob Arum's fighters.

Who remembers last year when Kevin Iole wrote this article about Mayweather in July?

Kevin Iole: Mayweather exposed as a chicken

I find it hilarious that he wrote that about Mayweather in 2010 BUT since Pacquaio and Arum's blatant ducking of Floyd has refused to do something similar to them.

C'mon I'm just calling it like I see it. Yes Iole owned to some degree De La Hoya. But if you look at the bigger picture De La Hoya's right about the media being scared to criticise Bob Arum's fighters. Iole's silence these recent weeks and refusal to call Arum and Pac out for their blatant ducking or anything else for a matter, yet he can call Mayweather a chicken just shows it all - the proof is there in the pudding.
                  Watch this post get avoided by Iole apologists

Comment

Iole's trying to teach Oscar De La Hoya a thing or two about professionalism but writes articles like this - Kevin Iole: Mayweather exposed as a chicken

Comment

they are both right. . . but notice how DLH didn't have a response to "make the canelo/kirkland" fight?

look, ALL PROMOTORS are exactly the same .. . . they WILL make the best fights, but only when they feel the time is right to maximize profit off one fighter. . .

i mean, come on, it's not like arum hasn't put on MANY, MANY excellent fights. . .

but im not condoning his actions either. . . but all promotors keep in-house if they can, and "guide" their fighters and milk them as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X