No announcement yet.

Support American fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support American fighters

I have noticed as of late american boxing fans have turned a cold shoulder towards american fighters the bashing of Floyd Mosley Paulie etc why is this,maybe if we supported fighters from are country like we did with ray leonard dela hoya sweetpea maybe boxing would have a resurgance.

america has the most overarated fighters...this is comin from an american...why?.....because we just have that luxury...we are the boss of it all....sad but true,and i dont care!

Comment

unlike most other countries, the USA actually has more than one great fighter at a time lol. even Mexico right now is hurting.

USA: Mayweather (#1 or #2 in world), Hopkins (#3 in world), Mosley (top 6 in world), Williams (top 10 in world), Dawson (top 10 in world), Ward (close to if not top 10 in world), Bradley (close to if not top 10 in world)

I mean the only other fighters getting pound for pound consideration right now are Abraham, Marquez and Cotto unless I've totally forgotten someone.

we also criticize our fighters whereas Manny can do no wrong in the Philippines even though he's ducking a test for an illegal substance. Margarito is still a god in Mexico despite being caught attempting to cheat. Puerto Ricans still think Cotto is an all-time great.

the point is, when you have few of something, you appreciate it more. the world expects americans to dominate boxing, so they criticize them when they don't instead of cheering them when they do.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
        america has the most overarated fighters...this is comin from an american...why?.....because we just have that luxury...we are the boss of it all....sad but true,and i dont care!
        How are our fighters overrated the only country who competes with us skill wise is mexico.and mexicans support there fighters and look at how popular boxing is there im just saying we should have more pride for our home grown fighters.

Comment

The problem is, our biggest American fighters are cowardly obnoxious loud mouths.

I love supporting American fighters, but I can't support people that have no honor.

Comment

I support all fighters. It doesn't matter where they come from. If they do good or bad, I call it as I see it. There are great fighters from everywhere.

Comment

It's true that the fans don't support the fighters across the board as Americans even if the media do hype them up. The entire UK, Puerto Rico, Ukraine, Philipines, Denmark, Germany as nations get behind all of their boxers.

A good example is Paulie Malignaggi who has the Italian-American support in NY, but that's where it ends. Mayweather has a small section of black support but even they don't like him, he gets more love in the UK just for being Hatton's colorful opponent.

The US has this thing outwardly about being proud to be an American but when it comes to boxing, I think it's fair to say the different cultural communities tend to segregate their support.

Comment

[QUOTE=DiegoFuego;7091500]unlike most other countries, the USA actually has more than one great fighter at a time lol. even Mexico right now is hurting.

USA: Mayweather (#1 or #2 in world), Hopkins (#3 in world), Mosley (top 6 in world), Williams (top 10 in world), Dawson (top 10 in world), Ward (close to if not top 10 in world), Bradley (close to if not top 10 in world)

I mean the only other fighters getting pound for pound consideration right now are Abraham, Marquez and Cotto unless I've totally forgotten someone.

we also criticize our fighters whereas Manny can do no wrong in the Philippines even though he's ducking a test for an illegal substance. Margarito is still a god in Mexico despite being caught attempting to cheat. Puerto Ricans still think Cotto is an all-time great.

nice post man good points, but i still think we should show more pride its a shame that guys like pwill hopkins dawson etc have a hard time putting asses into seats,when paper tigers like hatton are propped up to almost legendary status in there countries.
                the point is, when you have few of something, you appreciate it more. the world expects americans to dominate boxing, so they criticize them when they don't instead of cheering them when they do.

Comment

[QUOTE=markbnlv;7091567]
                  Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                  unlike most other countries, the USA actually has more than one great fighter at a time lol. even Mexico right now is hurting.

nice post man good points, but i still think we should show more pride its a shame that guys like pwill hopkins dawson etc have a hard time putting asses into seats,when paper tigers like hatton are propped up to almost legendary status in there countries.

Paper tiger? Hatton beat the man to become the man, he also beat Urango, Collazo, Malignaggi, show the man some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
                    How are our fighters overrated the only country who competes with us skill wise is mexico.and mexicans support there fighters and look at how popular boxing is there im just saying we should have more pride for our home grown fighters.
                    first,fighters from other counties get criticised for only fighting in their own country,but when you lookat the american top dogs they only fight in their own backyard and its ok.....why?...because we made people believe we are the ones who make rules and the ones who make em dont get questioned......you ever wonder why the most and greatests robberies takes place in the US?......coz after a week, it is ok if its the US....

Comment

Working...
                    X