Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are these big names, big money fights Kell is talking about at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these big names, big money fights Kell is talking about at 154?

What are the big name fighters for Kell Brook at 154? Cotto is the biggest name and he's already turned him down once. And Canelo posted he's going to fight Cotto later this year so Cotto probably won't fight after Kirkland. And if he does it won't be against a threat. . Errol Spence fight replay ratings on NBCSN are doing better than the live fights of other guys on at 154. His replay rating did almost as well as Lara's live fight on Spike. Lara, Jermell, and Jermall Charlo aren't going to the UK to fight unless it's for a ton of money, Kell doesn't even have a belt at 154. Now we're back at the Brook/Vargas situation. Kell getting paid less than the fighter coming to fight him. And if he does position himself as a mandatory at 154 he's on the low end of the purse split. Against Spence he's on the high end, 75-25. Spence also doesn't have a problem travelling to the UK to fight Brook. Spence also isn't complaining about money. Liam Smith is with Frank Warren. I'm trying to figure out what are these big money fights at 154 Kell is talking about? Is he talking about Liam Williams? Carson Jones trilogy?

Khan told him he has to fight his mandatory if he wants the fight. Khan also told him to get a belt if he wants a fight. Kell did and Khan still didn't fight him. Khan told him he has to fight big names. Kell fought GGG and Khan still isn't fighting him. KHAN IS NOT FIGHTING BROOK!!!

Brook should just drop the damn belt and fight Khan

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      Brook should just drop the damn belt and fight Khan
      Khan aint fighting him!!!! He'll just come up with another benchmark for Kell to get a fight with him

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        What are the big name fighters for Kell Brook at 154? Cotto is the biggest name and he's already turned him down once. And Canelo posted he's going to fight Cotto later this year so Cotto probably won't fight after Kirkland. And if he does it won't be against a threat. . Errol Spence fight replay ratings on NBCSN are doing better than the live fights of other guys on at 154. His replay rating did almost as well as Lara's live fight on Spike. Lara, Jermell, and Jermall Charlo aren't going to the UK to fight unless it's for a ton of money, Kell doesn't even have a belt at 154. Now we're back at the Brook/Vargas situation. Kell getting paid less than the fighter coming to fight him. And if he does position himself as a mandatory at 154 he's on the low end of the purse split. Against Spence he's on the high end, 75-25. Spence also doesn't have a problem travelling to the UK to fight Brook. Spence also isn't complaining about money. Liam Smith is with Frank Warren. I'm trying to figure out what are these big money fights at 154 Kell is talking about? Is he talking about Liam Williams? Carson Jones trilogy?

Khan told him he has to fight his mandatory if he wants the fight. Khan also told him to get a belt if he wants a fight. Kell did and Khan still didn't fight him. Khan told him he has to fight big names. Kell fought GGG and Khan still isn't fighting him. KHAN IS NOT FIGHTING BROOK!!!
        Asked and answered

Comment

Brook's stock didn't drop one bit getting smashed by GGG since so many saw it coming.. if Spence smashes him he has more to lose, the risk is too high.

Comment

Does this sound like Khan wants the fight?

"We've gone back and forth but the fact is Khan's ego is so great. He wanted to walk out second but I'm the champion. He's trying to sit there like he holds all the aces. He wants more money, he wants this, he wants that. I can bend my back to a certain degree but not that much."

Comment

I agree with everything you said. I have no idea who Brook will fight next. I really would like to know who his next opponent will be. I agree it probably will not be Khan. Brook has been damn near begging Khan for a fight for many years now.Khan has consistently turned him down flat. I doubt that will change. I think Khan has always been worried about Brook knocking him out and becoming more important than Khan in England. I would like to see Spence fight him for his WBA welterweight title but that also seems unlikely.

Comment

My thoughts exactly. I like Brook a lot but he won't be getting any big paydays at 154. Canelo won't be back there, Cotto will be very selective in his fights and is probably eyeing up a huge payday somewhere after the Kirkland fight

As much as i'd like to see him v Andrade, Charlo's, Lara etc.. he won't make any more fighting them as he would make fighting Spence.

If he wants big fights, he needs to stay at 147. If he genuinely feels he can't do 147 anymore then move up but he needs to be realistic about the money he will make there.

Comment

I don't believe the guy who said Errol Spence replays got 467k viewers. I can't find any confirmation on any of the ratings websites. Is he saying both cards coincidentally got exactly 467k viewers? That doesn't make sense. He must have gotten something mixed up. I just sent him a tweet asking for a source.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    I don't believe the guy who said Errol Spence replays got 467k viewers. I can't find any confirmation on any of the ratings websites. Is he saying both cards coincidentally got exactly 467k viewers? That doesn't make sense. He must have gotten something mixed up. I just sent him a tweet asking for a source.
                    Did you see the pic I posted also? Total viewers 555k average 328k. That came from the TV sports ratings website

Comment

Working...
                    X