Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SETI Team Investigating Mysterious Signal from Star

SETI Team Investigating Mysterious Signal from Star 94 Light-Years Away

http://www.space.com/33893-seti-inve...te-signal.html

Last edited by The Hammer; 08-30-2016, 01:54 AM.

Biggest news story of all time?

Astronomers have detected an 'interesting' and possibly alien radio signal coming from a sun-like star

http://www.businessinsider.com/alien...d164595-2016-8

Comment

The report on SETI's website hints at the possibility of it being due to Russian military technology/aircraft.

So, this is probably nothing alien, which would fall in line with the information being hidden for a year.

However, it's still fascinating to think about, in the off-chance it weren't the Russians.

Comment

I was reading about this last night.Does anyone think before Obama leaves office he'll talk about the disclosure thing

Comment

What's interesting is that HD 164595 is a single stable main sequence G2 star, very similar to the sun, close to the same age (4.5 billion years).

There are very few stars so similar to the sun within 100 light years.

The only significant difference is it has a large 16 earth mass planet orbiting fairly close to it (near the size of Neptune or Uranus).

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            What's interesting is that HD 164595 is a single stable main sequence G2 star, very similar to the sun, close to the same age (4.5 billion years).

There are very few stars so similar to the sun within 100 light years.

The only significant difference is it has a large 16 earth mass planet orbiting fairly close to it (near the size of Neptune or Uranus).

But if its orbit is too close to its star,it can't host any intelligent life.Just like they're predicting with this one

Comment

do you have a telescope, boo boo?

i've thought about one, but i live in too urban an area to get a clear look.

Comment

Das ist ziemlich cool

Comment

Is this a new one or they talkin bout that one that happened years ago and aint been heard since?

Comment

I hope they are aliens. And I hope they have technology that allows them to know we found there signal plus have the ability to travel 94 light years in like 3 months. And I hope all the aliens are black to piss off the TS.

LOL but seriously it'd be hilarious if aliens were all black humanoid type Wesley Snipes looking creatures. So many mfers would be mad & upset & weird about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X