Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times per day can I stretch to improve flexibility?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times per day can I stretch to improve flexibility?

What is the maximum number of times I can stretch all my muscles (whether it be calves, hamstrings, quads, the upper body muscles) without overdoing it? I've read that 3 times per day is the minimum, but what would the maximum be?

I am 28 years old, yet I am so stiff that I can only barely reach past my knees when in the sit-in-reach position. (Same thing when standing and bending down to try to touch my toes while keeping my legs straight; I can reach just past my knees. And I used to not be able to reach that far.

I'm willing to stretch 5, 7, or even 10 times per day if allowable. I realize that getting flexible will take quite some time and will definitely not happen overnight. Nevertheless, if stretching 5 or 6 times a day will help me to get limber a bit sooner than just 3 times per day, I'm willing to do it.

Start 2 times a day, one set in the morning and another set before you take a shower. Do that for about a month and then move onto 3 sets and go from there.

Work smart, not hard.

Comment

I've been stretching 2 times a day and there has been a small but noticeable improvement and only recently started doing it 3 times. Could I advance to 4 times in the future?

Comment

Working...
      X