No announcement yet.

Peter Nelson new head of HBO Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Nelson new head of HBO Boxing

Looks like they hired a passionate/knowledgeable boxing guy to run their program. Will he end the cold war with Haymon and gives us the fights we want?

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

Looks like they hired a passionate/knowledgeable boxing guy to run their program. Will he end the cold war with Haymon and gives us the fights we want?

Thats the only question that matters.

The sport is fractured as hell. Everyone is suffering because of it. We need someone to bring it all together.

Comment

Doubt it very much but stranger things have happened. He had a pretty strong influence prior to this.

Comment

Will he end the cold war with Haymon and gives us the fights we want?
        Idk about him ending it. I don't think its relevant anymore is the thing, but obviously the guy who the beef was with still held had the job so its harder to let bygones be bygones.

Before Haymon was in a position where he needed to & was trying to get as many of his fighters on TV. He succeed in that. But obviously eventually pissed off HBO while doing so. Now he gots TV exposure in spades for his fighters, but with the dynamics of these channels it might still not be viable to put on big fights on NBC or Spike that get fighters paid like they would on Showtime or HBO. Thus with Haymon's current situation he can get Showtime & HBO bidding against each other for his biggest fights (which from what I've seen with Nelson is the only thing he cares about & largely why Bob Arum dislikes him).

Its win win for all parties imo, wait & see. Might take a minute or two, but I suspect within 6-12months (idk how far ahead HBO plans dates for specific fighters, but obviously they got a lot of really good fighters right now to fill up dates too) you'll see a unofficial PBC card like Showtime has had several times already or just a big name Haymon fighter on HBO. In fact maybe Stevenson knows some **** the rest of us don't yet & the Stevenson vs Kovalev fight could be doable for June '16.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Idk about him ending it. I don't think its relevant anymore is the thing, but obviously the guy who the beef was with still held had the job so its harder to let bygones be bygones.

Before Haymon was in a position where he needed to & was trying to get as many of his fighters on TV. He succeed in that. But obviously eventually pissed off HBO while doing so. Now he gots TV exposure in spades for his fighters, but with the dynamics of these channels it might still not be viable to put on big fights on NBC or Spike that get fighters paid like they would on Showtime or HBO. Thus with Haymon's current situation he can get Showtime & HBO bidding against each other for his biggest fights (which from what I've seen with Nelson is the only thing he cares about & largely why Bob Arum dislikes him).

Its win win for all parties imo, wait & see. Might take a minute or two, but I suspect within 6-12months (idk how far ahead HBO plans dates for specific fighters, but obviously they got a lot of really good fighters right now to fill up dates too) you'll see a unofficial PBC card like Showtime has had several times already or just a big name Haymon fighter on HBO. In fact maybe Stevenson knows some **** the rest of us don't yet & the Stevenson vs Kovalev fight could be doable for June '16.
          Haters are blind, they can't see nothing coming ahead.
          Good quote, 95% of fans didn't notice Stevenson didn't even mention the term "Purse Bid" in their public appearance.
          Anyhow, Adonis Stevenson as the underdog, more than Perfect...

Comment

Working...
          X