Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else notice Lennox Lewis was landing chopping punches on Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone else notice Lennox Lewis was landing chopping punches on Vitali Klitschko?

After watching the fight, I saw Lewis throwing punches that ripped into Vitali -- chopping digging shots.

Whereas it appeared Vitali K.'s punches were just surface punches -- scrapping shots, light, kind of slapping, not digging in or chopping.

Although I understand Lennox threw fewer and Klitschko threw more. I just feel Lewis was more damaging/more effective.

YES
    69.23%
    NO
    30.77%
    Last edited by punchr; 05-27-2015, 09:29 PM.

Nope. Vitali was clearly winning until the cut.

Comment

He got really aggressive after that cut opened.

When Lennox smells blood, he goes for it.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
        After watching the fight, I saw Lewis throwing punches that ripped into Vitali -- chopping digging shots.

Whereas it appeared Vitali K.'s punches were just surface punches -- scrapping shots, light, kind of slapping, not digging in or chopping.

Although I understand Lennox threw fewer and Klitschko threw more. I just feel Lewis was more damaging/more effective.

Lennox was the one who was rocked a few times not Vitali,i would say both had equal damaging effects,Vitali hurt him more before the cut.Watch the second round Vitali nearly drops him but doesn't follow up.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
          Nope. Vitali was clearly winning until the cut.
          The question is not who was winning... because I can see why someone would score it for Vitali, i.e., he as throwing more punches. However, Lewis was chopping with the few punches that he was throwing and it showed, just look at the state of his face. The question is did you see Lennox land chopping/ripping punches on Klitschko?

Originally posted by valero View Post
          He got really aggressive after that cut opened.

When Lennox smells blood, he goes for it.
          Agreed. He used veteran tactics on the younger fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Lennox was the one who was rocked a few times not Vitali,i would say both had equal damaging effects,Vitali hurt him more before the cut.Watch the second round Vitali nearly drops him but doesn't follow up.
            Good post. I'll rewatch that round.

Comment

Lennox started to dominate, Vitali was fading

It was clear who had the championship experience

Vitali gave it his all, Lewis was however still there, strong as ever

Brutal fight, Lewis hit him with some nasty uppercuts, wobbled him

You dont see HW's like that anymore

Wlad and Wilder wudnt have lasted more than 5 rounds against either man

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                Good post. I'll rewatch that round.
                Vitali started very strong, first 2 rounds, round 3 LL started finding his rhythm and came in to round 4, working that damaged eye

round 5 was mostly lewis, vitali was wobbled by a left hook, took multiple uppercuts, a thunderous right hand, which pushed vatli back. he also worked his body, which paid off as the fight went into the 6

and round 6 lewis landed an uppercut which cud have sent someones head flying in to outterspace, imo the punch of the fight, vitali was missing punches, there was very little behind his shots, while lewis was still hitting with full throttle force

lewis conditioning however was horrible in that fight, he was looking a tad overweight

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  Vitali started very strong, first 2 rounds, round 3 LL started finding his rhythm and came in to round 4, working that damaged eye

round 5 was mostly lewis, vitali was wobbled by a left hook, took multiple uppercuts, a thunderous right hand, which pushed vatli back. he also worked his body, which paid off as the fight went into the 6

and round 6 lewis landed an uppercut which cud have sent someones head flying in to outterspace, imo the punch of the fight, vitali was missing punches, there was very little behind his shots, while lewis was still hitting with full throttle force

lewis conditioning however was horrible in that fight, he was looking a tad overweight
                  Yes. _________________________
                  Last edited by punchr; 05-27-2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I definitely did. Vitali was on his way out. I'm surprised some people didn't see it.

Comment

Working...
                    X