Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abril: I'll Show Brandon Rios That Cuban Boxing is Superior

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    What are the "top five" nations in boxing, in your opinion?
    Disregard the fool.

Cuba es numero uno in amateur boxing. That alone is consideration enough to be top boxing nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      Bam Bam is American he was born here but he certainly has Mexican decent. He even reps both flags but that's for another conversation. Cuba is doing good and p4p might be the best nation but just overall I'd have it in that 5-7 range. I know people like to compare the amount of fighters a nation has and obviously the United States or Mexico has a lot more fighters but elite talent doesn't come in high quan******, as you see by Cuba and PR, so I never give credit strictly on a country having a low population. That's not a knock on Cuba though because they are doing very well. In fact, if PR doesn't start the ball rolling again Cuba may very well pass it. PR has that one kid though, I forgot his name but he looks like a real talent.
      Dulorme, I don't know any Cuban prospects that look quite as promising. Velazquez is also a real good talent, what's happening with him? But I'd say at this point in time you'd have to rank Cuba above PR, in terms of titles held, serious contenders, etc. The influx of Cubans seems to have slowed a little, but lets see what happens after the Olympics, there should be some fresh faces.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Dulorme, I don't know any Cuban prospects that look quite as promising. Velazquez is also a real good talent, what's happening with him? But I'd say at this point in time you'd have to rank Cuba above PR, in terms of titles held, serious contenders, etc. The influx of Cubans seems to have slowed a little, but lets see what happens after the Olympics, there should be some fresh faces.
        Thomas Dulorme looks real good. (His family is from St. Martin and later moved to Puerto Rico. Dulorme was born in St. Martin, but identifies as being Puerto Rican.) His amateur record is reportedly 140-2. I don't know if there are any Cuban pros with his combination of talent, level of competition and youth.

For those that haven't seen Thomas fight, here's a little taste. Round three versus veteran DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley (Dulorme won by 10 rd UD):

Comment

Brandon Rios has definitely a Mexican style. He was taught by Robert Garcia who learned from his father who is Mexican. It's a come forward style, that goes hard to the body and wears you down.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            Brandon Rios has definitely a Mexican style. He was taught by Robert Garcia who learned from his father who is Mexican. It's a come forward style, that goes hard to the body and wears you down.
            very true Mexican go forward and hard to the body!! they can take a punch too...

Comment

Try to save the cuban boxing image bro because Gamhoe'a wiped it against the floor. I really hope Abrils brings his mouth in his gloves for the fight, not like his cuban whore sister Yurichicken Gamhoe'a.

Comment

Working...
              X