Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Roach make Pacquiao what he is today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
    Of course people are going to disagree with me.

But aside from Roach's obvious training contributions.........Pacquiao started fighting less - stiff challenges as he moved up in weight Minus Marquez.

Barrera was already pretty much on the down after a career that started at 15 years old, and Morales wasn't exactly the same fighter he was at 127 after he moved up and lost that horrible beating to Rahim.

It's kind of disappointing in that Pacman never fought Jesus Chavez, but he did fight some great opponents on the road up namely I thought his wins over Ledwaba, Julio, and Lucero were outstanding.

He moved up after the second Marquez fight to 147 then fought a Past prime DLH who was outmatched, a Shocked Hatton that belonged nowhere near 147lbs, and an already shocked/chinny Cotto that was on the road back from the beating he took from Margarito.

I'm not discrediting Manny........I'm stating he's had it easy lately.

But he's still a great fighter no doubt.

Just not the P4P best..............Floyd easily is.
    nah son....Manny is the P4P King.....hands ****in down!!....if you say Manny has had it easy you MUST'VE noticed how EASY Floyd has had it as well...PERSONALLY, I feel like BOTH dudes have had it easy IMO.....but it is what it is and I think its time you bow down and pay hommage to the reignin' King or just salute the dude from a far....but PLEASE stop actin like he aint been puttin in more work than Floyd....PLEASE stop that!!.....dudes like Cotto, B.Hop, and Jermain Taylor have had the toughest schedules over the last 4 or 5 yrs.....Manny is on a crazy roll right now....he takin' us boxing fans on a journey we've never been on so just sit back like me and enjoy the ride.....as my dude Sam used to say(bless his soul)....we are witnessin' something SPECIAL in Manny......the Floyd fans used to say the same but the only thing we are witnessin' is his downfall.....something thats been prayed for......well I guess if you pray hard and long enough, eventually you'll get a answer

Comment

Originally posted by Poochiao View Post
      I said this before and I'm going to say it again... Roach made Pacquiao the fighter he is today and he would not be where he is today without Roach. Roach doesn't get enough credit for being a great trainer and great match maker. He made Pacquiao the offensive machine he is today. He took a one punch puncher with little skilled and made him into a complete boxer.

When have you ever seen Manny make adjustments in the ring on his own in a big fight? No way he beats guys like EM, JMM, Floyd, etc. without Roach being in his corner.

Do you think Manny beats Floyd if Buboy was the trainer?

do you think Floyd could beat Manny inside his cell?

Comment

I said this before and I'm going to say it again... Roach made Pacquiao the fighter he is today and he would not be where he is today without Roach. Roach doesn't get enough credit for being a great trainer and great match maker. He made Pacquiao the offensive machine he is today. He took a one punch puncher with little skilled and made him into a complete boxer.

When have you ever seen Manny make adjustments in the ring on his own in a big fight? No way he beats guys like EM, JMM, Floyd, etc. without Roach being in his corner.

Do you think Manny beats Floyd if Buboy was the trainer?

Kobe is **** without Phil Jackson, can we agree on that too?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          I wonder what roach does to become a great trainer? He wasnt a great fighter, so to become a great trainer does he go to learn how to teach boxing school or something, or does he just spend his whole day watching fight and reading learn how to box books?
          Maybe Pac could become as succesful as trainer as roach by teaching people what roach taught him.
          Its something you have or you don't, actually trainers who weren't that successful as a boxer themselves tend to be better trainers than great fighters at training because they don't try and mould the boxers like themselves. Boxing is very hands on and it comes through experience not books or boxing schools.

Comment

But aside from Roach's obvious training contributions.........Pacquiao started fighting less - stiff challenges as he moved up in weight Minus Marquez.

Barrera was already pretty much on the down after a career that started at 15 years old, and Morales wasn't exactly the same fighter he was at 127 after he moved up and lost that horrible beating to Rahim.

It's kind of disappointing in that Pacman never fought Jesus Chavez, but he did fight some great opponents on the road up namely I thought his wins over Ledwaba, Julio, and Lucero were outstanding.

He moved up after the second Marquez fight to 147 then fought a Past prime DLH who was outmatched, a Shocked Hatton that belonged nowhere near 147lbs, and an already shocked/chinny Cotto that was on the road back from the beating he took from Margarito.

barrera and morales at any point in their careers>>>>lucero. also pac fought hatton at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by KLawN View Post
              Kobe is **** without Phil Jackson, can we agree on that too?
              Nah, Kobe would still be the greatest without Phil.

Comment

You look like a fool by saying that. Typical ***** style and logical thinking. When Pac figting Ledwaba in 2 weeks short notice nobody thought he could win that fight, Roach in his corner they prevailed. When he moved up to 126 to fight Barrera currently p4p#3 in that time period and fresh from Hamed win. Nobody gave him a chance of beating Barrera. Roach in his corner once again they prevailed. When he was at 126-130 nobody in their right mind that he could beat any fighter above 130 let alone a wishful thinking he could beat Oscar, Hatton, Cotto, and Clottey in their weight classes without the fans crucifying you to the death. Now that he did that in amazing fashion and proved a lot of people wrong. Suddenly he was fraud and nothing like a bum who picked his opponents makes me want to vomit on these haters mouth!
                Last edited by whirlwind; 09-28-2010, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Pac made it look easy.

You never thought it's easy before it happened.

Comment

It's the other way around really.

Pacquiao made Roach what he is today. Can't say Roach would really be as popular if weren't for training Pac.

I don't mean that Roach isn't one of the best trainers out there as he really helped Pac get him to wear he is today, but any great, offensive-minded trainer could have improved Pac with the right approach.

Someone defensive oriented like Mayweather Sr. probably wouldn't have helped Pac as much as Roach has.

Roach is a great trainer, but Pac's a natural talent and works his ass off. Some people are acting like Roach turned a no talent bum into a prizefighter.

No one can make ice cream from shit.

Comment

Nah, Kobe would still be the greatest without Phil.
                      hypocrisy at it's best

Comment

Working...
                      X