Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Terrence Crawford P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    I'd say he has to be in the top 5. He's a complete fighter with the best footwork in boxing, very fast hand speed, and decent power.

Post your top 10 P4P.
    I dunno, man, top 5 is a bit high. On the fringes of the top 10 makes sense. Tbh, the p4p list is kinda rubbish at the moment because below guys who have shown themselves to be completely dominant, so GGG, Kovalev, at times Gonzalez, maybe Fury (depends on the rematch) the p4p list is wide open between a lot of good fighters but no great ones.

Bradley deserves a top 5 place too so TC being in there doens't seem legit to me.

What is legit is that TC is currently the best 140 pounder unless proven otherwise. That should be more important than any of this p4p rubbish. I feel 140 is going through a transition period and isn't what it once was with Maidana, Khan, Bradley, Alexander, Judah, Pauli, Ortiz and so on.

TC can either stay at the weight and beat the new guys Troyonovsky and Urozco, maybe battle it out with a few of the old guard like Matthysse, Provo and Molina OR just move up to welterweight and fight Pacquiao/Bradley, A win over either would truly elevate him.

Comment

most well rounded fighter in the sport. beating postol, a top fighter in his prime, convincingly is one of the best wins in a couple of years. we may have jumped the gun on postol, becuse it looks like matthysse is done, but it's obvious that the guy can fight and that he comes to win.

i think he's in the discussion for #1 at this point. it's very open in the advent of floyd's retirement. i don't think anybody should have him below ward or golovkin at this point. the big three are gonzalez based on his longevity and skills, kovalev based on his power and dominance, and crawford on being one of the most well rounded 140 lbers i've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        most well rounded fighter in the sport. beating postol, a top fighter in his prime, convincingly is one of the best wins in a couple of years. we may have jumped the gun on postol, becuse it looks like matthysse is done, but it's obvious that the guy can fight and that he comes to win.

i think he's in the discussion for #1 at this point. it's very open in the advent of floyd's retirement. i don't think anybody should have him below ward or golovkin at this point. the big three are gonzalez based on his longevity and skills, kovalev based on his power and dominance, and crawford on being one of the most well rounded 140 lbers i've ever seen.
        I agree and think he is one of the better boxers in the sport. However his defensive issues keep me from putting him higher than 3 or 4 right now.

You didn't jump the gun on Postol. He is much better than Matthysse, who is NSB's most overrated boxer IMO. Crawford is just much better than Postol.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I agree and think he is one of the better boxers in the sport. However his defensive issues keep me from putting him higher than 3 or 4 right now.

You didn't jump the gun on Postol. He is much better than Matthysse, who is NSB's most overrated boxer IMO. Crawford is just much better than Postol.

postol is young and didn't take a beating. we'll find out what he's really got in the coming years, and how good crawford really is. matthysse's not what he used to be. how far gone matthysse was will become more clear when we watch postol fight people other than bud crawford, a pound for pounder.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            I dunno, man, top 5 is a bit high. On the fringes of the top 10 makes sense. Tbh, the p4p list is kinda rubbish at the moment because below guys who have shown themselves to be completely dominant, so GGG, Kovalev, at times Gonzalez, maybe Fury (depends on the rematch) the p4p list is wide open between a lot of good fighters but no great ones.
            Kovalev dominated an old Bernard Hopkins and a washed up boxer in Pascal.

He then had a less than impressive win over Chilemba.

Crawford nearly shut down Postol, a boxer better than anyone on Kovalev's resume.

Comment

lol reading comments around the net and everyone is saying Crawford needs to move up because there isn't any comp at 140 for him and the show boating was classless lmaooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                lol reading comments around the net and everyone is saying Crawford needs to move up because there isn't any comp at 140 for him and the show boating was classless lmaooooooooooo

Postol has been talking **** since October. Even started a rumor that TC turned the fight down. If you don't like the taunting don't talk **** in the first place.

As far as moving up, it would be hilarious if its the GGG fans making such demands.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

Postol has been talking **** since October. Even started a rumor that TC turned the fight down. If you don't like the taunting don't talk **** in the first place.

As far as moving up, it would be hilarious if its the GGG fans making such demands.
                  Yes it was them but im not gonna start anything

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Two division lineal champion. Going by the true definition of p4p you'd have to rate him #2 or #3. Wasn't that Kellerman's excuse for saying Pacquiao was higher on the p4p list than Floyd?
                    lol, now you think he is good? Just 2 weeks ago you said TC was overrated and Postol was going to beat him now he is top 3 p4p?? Dont worry though you are not the only 1 on here that is doing/saying the same...

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

I wouldn't use the word "demanding", but I saw one of the more rabid ones here "encouraging" him to move up, rather than unifying.

Comment

Working...
                      X