Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was your transportation of choice as a kid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Remember riding the pegs on your friends bike? And stealing chromies? lol
    Stealing chromies and playing Pogs.

Pogs is how I made money in jr high I got caught I would make like 10 to 20 bucks gambling during lunch break and snack I was the best pog player man, I was a hustler the principal suspended me though, my mom wondered where I got all that money to buy comic books she got pissed when she found out I was gambling and took all my pogs and slammers

Last edited by hectari; 07-10-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
      ah, sorry for the negative stigma attached to the mountain bike option but it stands true at least in california. you weren't **** unless you had a bmx bike. mountain bikes were looked down upon. they were big, heavy, had gears, and those gigantic shocks were also a huge negative. the only kids who rode those were the ones with oversized new balance shoes with ligh blue jeans.

oh and the worst thing, u couldn't do a barspin on a mtn bike! all those damn wires!
      I'm pretty sure it just depends on where you live.

Here on the east coast there are a ****load of beautiful trails that span multiple states, with some spanning the entire coast. Granted, you won't find many kids in Philly on mountain bikes, but when I moved to Virginia when I was 15 it was pretty normal to see kids on them everywhere in the higher elevation mountain states.

It's a damn good source of physical fitness, too. Even now as an adult with disposable income I find myself wanting to buy a high end mountain bike every summer and get back to that active outdoors lifestyle. Unfortunately, work doesn't really afford me the time. Nowadays I'm lucky to get one or two days in my swimming pool per month.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Stealing chromies and playing Pogs.

Pogs is how I made money in jr high I got caught I would make like 10 to 20 bucks gambling during lunch break and snack I was the best pog player man, I was a hustler the principal suspended me though, my mom wondered where I got all that money to buy comic books she got pissed when she found out I was gambling and took all my pogs and slammers

man i don't even remember how to play pogs. i just remember u threw your pog down hard on the ground, but what is the purpose of the game again? i had a bunch of those. i remember my friend sharted himself because he threw one down with so much force and enthusiasm.

Comment

Fucking square ass lame's rubbing their pussies over their BMX bikes.

Let a real OG Mack from way back show you how we got around in the day. Realist shit a pimp can spit. Soak up this game, you square bears from Delaware.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            Fucking square ass lame's rubbing their pussies over their BMX bikes.

Let a real OG Mack from way back show you how we got around in the day. Realist shit a pimp can spit. Soak up this game, you square bears from Delaware.

Always coming correct with the lulz and the nostalgia.

Comment

did that nicca just bust out the "pogo ball" ????

oh hell nah.

Comment

although my bmx bike saga lasted the longest, i think the razer scooter saga was the most fun for me and my friends. 360's were easy on a razor and so was grinding and doing big jumps over gaps and ramps. and scooter races were the most fun. i remember when the wheels would warp after they wore down and you'd be clanking along if u were too poor to buy a new set of tires. and everyone would lose the L shaped hex key so if your wheel and handlebar weren't aligned u were ****ed and had to ride all sideways until you could borrow one.

my mom bought me the baddest set of low resistance wheels at Big 5, way better than the stock ones on the razor's. people thought i was cheating when i'd race them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
                  man i don't even remember how to play pogs. i just remember u threw your pog down hard on the ground, but what is the purpose of the game again? i had a bunch of those. i remember my friend sharted himself because he threw one down with so much force and enthusiasm.
                  You issue a challenge, put the money down, the guy you challenge will say how many pogs, you say put 5 and they put 5 you put five stack them, and get your slammer, and the goal is to flip the stack so it faces picture side up. whoever flips the most wins and they get your pogs.

But I never played for pogs I played for money, I was making a lot of cash for a 12 year old kid.

I would use a metal slammer though so it was kinda easy but they told me not to use it cause I kept winning, so I just used a thicker plastic one.

They used to have these OJ simpson slammers lol

couple more slammers

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    You issue a challenge, put the money down, the guy you challenge will say how many pogs, you say put 5 and they put 5 you put five stack them, and get your slammer, and the goal is to flip the stack so it faces picture side up. whoever flips the most wins and they get your pogs.

But I never played for pogs I played for money, I was making a lot of cash for a 12 year old kid.

I would use a metal slammer though so it was kinda easy but they told me not to use it cause I kept winning, so I just used a thicker plastic one.

They used to have these OJ simpson slammers lol

couple more slammers
                    oh yeah i remember now lol.

i was a beast at this one game i forget what it was called but basically you build your "spinner bot" thing and you run a little stick thing thru it and pull back as hard as you can and it spins and attacks your opponents spinners. you buy this plastic arena thing to battle other poeple's spinners in, and they would just **** each other up until the last one is standing. we'd go so hard that sparks would fly out on occasions lol.

Comment

I remember my first bike was a 16 inch tire BMX joint. Second bike was a Huffy Sigma. Exact bike

Wanted a Dyno, but them shits were expensive even back in my days of slap boxing with Moses.

Loved that Sigma, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X