Khan needs to give it a rest now.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Yeah I do think he improved a lot.

He sat down a lot more on his punches, threw the left hook better - Instead of just running around the ring flicking a lazy jab out.

Khan is a good fighter - it takes a lot to look good against him as a boxer in my opinion.
    Algieri definitely improved on his last few performances. Mainly sitting down on his punches. He knew Khans power wouldn't phase him so he just walked through everything he had and imposed himself on Khan.

It will be interesting to see what he looks like in his next fight under JDJ after another camp.

Comment

Meanwhile, Thurman is going to thrash Collazo on ESPN primetime. It's going to be interesting to see who Mayweather picks.

Comment

Sure, that could be one reason. I'm not going to pretend like I've seen all of Algieri's fights, but I've seen his last 3 before Khan and he hasn't fought anything like that in any of those three fights so I can tell he's improved on those fights alone.

His style was totally different any way, and at the very least he showed good versatility.

Which fights do you base the last sentence on?

Lamont peterson and breidis prescott.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
          Lol one performance that didnt live up to expectations from a fighter and guys already bash him. He didnt do nearly as bad as Danny Garcia did against peterson for example and algerie wasnt robbed like peterson was. Khan won the fight. Any fighter can have an average performance

Khan is still a good fighter and beats alot of guys in the division
          What you say is true but with his careful selection of his last 3 opponents, hs doesn't get that pass.

Comment

Give up all that money and stardom? Are you kidding me! The fan base just keeps getting bigger!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
              Yeah agreed. He fights like an amateur and that chin, literally anyone he fights can potentially knock him silly. So we get a skittish amateurish fighter who throws occasionally fast pitty pat combos then clinches as much as possible. His plan tonight really backfired. He is worse off now for a Mayweather fight than he was before.
              His lack of defense is something special. That one round where Algieri caught him with like 5 or so right hands, clean, no guard up, right on the chin, was outstanding. Even Provodnikov and Rios have their guard up and take majority of punches on the top of the head. Literally no defense. Algieri just needed to get off first as Khan's defense is to run or throw a punch which will translate into a clinch.

Comment

Sure, that could be one reason. I'm not going to pretend like I've seen all of Algieri's fights, but I've seen his last 3 before Khan and he hasn't fought anything like that in any of those three fights so I can tell he's improved on those fights alone.

His style was totally different any way, and at the very least he showed good versatility.

Which fights do you base the last sentence on?
                That's because he wasn't facing Amir "No power flurries" Khan. He moved against Provodnikov and Pacquiao because he knew that if they caught him flush on the chin, he'd get knocked down or clean out.

Prescott was the last fighter that Khan fought that was taller than him I believe. I asked before the fight when the last time he fought someone taller. Lamont Peterson was quite a bit heavier - yes he was on PEDs - but you can see Khan struggles when he doesn't have those physical advantages and he can't keep someone on the end of his jab.

Comment

People need to realize that Khan has an easier time against southpaws than he does against Orthodox boxers. He's a sucker for left hooks and looping overhand rights. Floyd shouldn't give him the fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X