No announcement yet.

I told you so about Imam.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    And didn't last night prove that? Granados would've absolutely been a better win than a 5'5 blown up featherweight who's naturally 2-3 weight classes smaller than you.

You're very clearly a casual fan, I did tell you Granados is a monster despite picking Imam to win. Don't just look at his boxrec page and dismiss him, actually watch his fights and you'll see that all his losses have been close/controversial against top level guys.

Granados now has a FAR better resume than Crawford. Win over Imam and he should have a win over Solomon too. Plus he's younger and has actually fought top guys unlike Crawford.
    no he doesn't at all hahahahahaha.

so a win over a overrated hyped up prospect and a "should have a win" over another prospect is better than terence beating world champions and former world champs??? hahahahahahahahahahaha

say what u want about gamboa but he was the interim champ at lightweight and is FAR more skillful than anyone granados beat. don't be a weirdo.

Comment

I'm just honestly surprised Imam had bandwagon fans . Impressive, but too bad the skill didn't match especially that defense or lack there of I should say.

Comment

I don't think he's a bum, he lost to a very good fighter who has given a lot of fighters problems. I'm assuming team Imam saw that he had 4 loses and just assumed it'll be a easy fight. They were wrong. Let's be honest if Granandos was a house fighter he would have gotten that victory over Soloman and had a draw with Diaz.

And yes I do agree Granandos is better than Jean and Dulorme which would have made Granandos the best victory between Imam and Crawford but he didn't get the win.

Let's be honest most of the so called boxing fan base quality of opponent on how many times they've seen them on HBO or Showtime. They have a lack the IQ to pick up on skills and intangibles.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
          I'm sorry but the fact that you're a massive Imam fan really overshadows your arguement. Imam has shown nothing to prove he can beat Crawford or Postol right now. When the going got tough he crumbled, I've yet to see that Crawford. I'm judging on what I've seen rather than potential and Imam has to work his way up again. Don King also turned down a million dollars from team Ruslan and thank god he did.
          What has Crawford shown that suggests he can beat Imam? Beating an inactive guy who's half your size? He has done literally nothing noteworthy other than beat Gamboa and even in that fight he was being outclassed. Fair enough Postol has proven his worth and if you think he beats Imam I can't argue.

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
          Fickle? I said for months Imam wasn't anything special.

Who has Granados beat that was better than Crawford? Who has he beaten that is better than anyone on Granados' resume?

Face it, your boy Imam got exposed.
          Imam and Solomon (didn't get the decision but nearly everyone who was there said he won).

He lost a fight against a very tough and underrated fighter, if that's your definition of exposed, whatever...

Comment

Imam is an idiot. He should had been working on his defense

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
              What has Crawford shown that suggests he can beat Imam? Beating an inactive guy who's half your size? He has done literally nothing noteworthy other than beat Gamboa and even in that fight he was being outclassed. Fair enough Postol has proven his worth and if you think he beats Imam I can't argue.

Imam and Solomon (didn't get the decision but nearly everyone who was there said he won).

He lost a fight against a very tough and underrated fighter, if that's your definition of exposed, whatever...
              I said Granados showed that Imam has no inside game, poor defense, low Ring IQ, and a weak chin. That's the dictionary definition of exposed.

Comment

Oh great, another "I told you so" thread!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  I don't think he's a bum, he lost to a very good fighter who has given a lot of fighters problems. I'm assuming team Imam saw that he had 4 loses and just assumed it'll be a easy fight. They were wrong. Let's be honest if Granandos was a house fighter he would have gotten that victory over Soloman and had a draw with Diaz.

And yes I do agree Granandos is better than Jean and Dulorme which would have made Granandos the best victory between Imam and Crawford but he didn't get the win.

Let's be honest most of the so called boxing fan base quality of opponent on how many times they've seen them on HBO or Showtime. They have a lack the IQ to pick up on skills and intangibles.
                  Well said man

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                    I said Granados showed that Imam has no inside game, poor defense, low Ring IQ, and a weak chin. That's the dictionary definition of exposed.
                    lol wtf? Imam has a very good inside game...he was simply outworked on the inside by one of the best inside fighters at 140/147. Guys like Gomez and Diaz couldn't hang with Granados in the pocket, Imam did for 8 rounds. A weak chin? Are you actually ******ed? He ate over 500 punches and was exhausted, it has nothing to do with his chin. His defence definitely needs work and he needs to use his feet more for sure. He's still a kid, he's got a long time left in the game.

Comment

This VG guy is obviously new to the sport and definitely hasn't laced a pair up before. Some of the things he's saying are killing my brain cells

He's a textbook modern day boxing fan. If a fighter goes down he's chinny, if he loses a fight he's a bum and exposed, if he uses his feet he's running etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X