Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pathetic that Jennings would only get a payday of a few hundred thousand dollars. Take off tax (40%+), his manager and promoters percentage and he wouldn't make a lot. If the payday was below 500k he could be close to just making just a 5 figure payday for his wallet.

Just goes to show how little the Heavyweight championship is worth at the moment. How it's name has shrunk from "The Biggest prize in all of Sports" to this, a shadow, a pixel of it's former status.

Comment

Hopefully Jennings vs Puvlev can be made that'd be an awesome fight and great way to settle who fights wlad later this year.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I'm a fan of Wlad and feel he has an underrated resume but I don't like how he keeps taking these kind of fights in the last year or so.

Thompson
        Mormeck
        Wach

They're his last 3 fights I believe.

Now, Thompson holds more weight now in my eyes since his KO of David Price.

And, Wach, albeit poor and unranked, was huge.

Mormeck is impossible to defend as is Pineta.

And let's face it, Thompson and Wach are also underwhelming. Neither were in the Top 10 I don't think.

I expect more from Wlad, his last run before this one was Chagaev, Chambers, Peter and Haye. Peter was passed it but Chagaev, Chambers and Haye are 3 very impressive wins against Top ranked HW's back to back. That's what I expect from Wladimir.

Not too sure on the whole Povetkin situation but I know Wlad would love that fight. So it's not entirely his fault but I'm not happy with his recent run at all.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I'm a fan of Wlad and feel he has an underrated resume but I don't like how he keeps taking these kind of fights in the last year or so.

Thompson
          Mormeck
          Wach

They're his last 3 fights I believe.

Now, Thompson holds more weight now in my eyes since his KO of David Price.

And, Wach, albeit poor and unranked, was huge.

Mormeck is impossible to defend as is Pineta.

And let's face it, Thompson and Wach are also underwhelming. Neither were in the Top 10 I don't think.

I expect more from Wlad, his last run before this one was Chagaev, Chambers, Peter and Haye. Peter was passed it but Chagaev, Chambers and Haye are 3 very impressive wins against Top ranked HW's back to back. That's what I expect from Wladimir.

Not too sure on the whole Povetkin situation but I know Wlad would love that fight. So it's not entirely his fault but I'm not happy with his recent run at all.
          In all honesty Wlad doesn't have many options

Price just got banjoed, Wilder won't even fight a top 100 guy to get himself close to being in position, and the rest of them bring nothing whatsoever to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            In all honesty Wlad doesn't have many options

Price just got banjoed, Wilder won't even fight a top 100 guy to get himself close to being in position, and the rest of them bring nothing whatsoever to the table.
            Agreed but I'd rather him make his rountine defenses against one of the ranked fighters. Doesn't matter who but atleast one of them.

Comment

im tired of hearing vlad doesnt have options. its now become a crock of crap. sure there arent any great fighters, mebbe not even any really good ones, but does that mean he gets to fight 4 or 5 bums in a row? i mean hes fighting terrible fighters. horrible fight.

Comment

Who do you want him to fight? Chisora? Because he's really the only half-decent guy I can think of who'd actually take the fight. Arreola's horribly inactive, Wlad doesn't want to rematch Haye, Adamek has been shown up as the bum he is and the likes of Fury, Povetkin and Helenius won't take it right now. Who's left?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                  I wonder why the Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta fight has been removed from the BoxRec schedule?

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...7035&cat=boxer

I realize BoxRec isn't always correct, but it's unusual for them to remove it unless they were told it's not happening.
                  Maybe the WBA haven't approved it?

Comment

Klitschko flattens him in the 2nd rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Dan Rafael says he was told Wlad's opponent will likely be Francesco Pianeta.

Here's today's ESPN article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...imir-klitschko
                      Pianeta should be a sparring partner for wlad, not a an actual opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X