Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current British Top 10 P4P.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon he can make 154 with a strength & conditioning coach.

Magee is definitely up there also.

Darren Barker
    Ashley Theophane
    David Price
    James DeGale
    Rendall Munroe

Scott Quigg
    Lee Selby
    Jamie McDonnell
    Gary Buckland
    Tony Bellew

Top 25...I got a bit carried away.

Last edited by D-MiZe; 07-17-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

bjs is there he would beat barker macklin and murray imo murray been the toughest hes got a god given talent all he needs to do is keep working the way he is and the world is his at that weight every time he fights he gets better and these fights are supposed to be tests i mean how old is he 21 22 **** me hes got plenty time to dominate

Comment

If I ranked on talent alone my whole list would be different.

I am a big fan of BJS and Gavin, think we've got some really good fighters coming through.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          If I ranked on talent alone my whole list would be different.
          True. Quality of opposition (losses as well as wins - a close loss/draw to a World Champ is worth more than ten wins against journeymen).

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
            True. Quality of opposition (losses as well as wins - a close loss/draw to a World Champ is worth more than ten wins against journeymen).
            Well if that's the case why is everyone putting khan so low , I think he's still no 1 or 2 he's only lost to world class lads he's beaten mallinaggi , Judah , kotelnik, maidana, Barrera and mcclosky and was robbed against Peterson . He's only really lost twice i know they were ko's but they were both bangers . He's never been outclassed ,On the other hand froch was embarrassed by ward , beaten by Kessler was lucky against direll and was probley losing to Taylor till he caught him the fact his got a good chin has saved him alot his defence is worse than khans he has had some good wins Abraham and bute being the best . Haye is decent but really who has he beat ? Enzo mac , mormek, Ruiz , valuev and chisora who's lost his last 3 and he's lost to klitchko and Thompson .
            So I think it's fair to have khan on par with those two and way ahead of brook , Mitchell burns and Rees he would beat all those boys with in my opinion only really Mitchell having a real chance of winning maybe brook if he caught him flush .

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
              Well if that's the case why is everyone putting khan so low , I think he's still no 1 or 2 he's only lost to world class lads he's beaten mallinaggi , Judah , kotelnik, maidana, Barrera and mcclosky and was robbed against Peterson . He's only really lost twice i know they were ko's but they were both bangers . He's never been outclassed ,On the other hand froch was embarrassed by ward , beaten by Kessler was lucky against direll and was probley losing to Taylor till he caught him the fact his got a good chin has saved him alot his defence is worse than khans he has had some good wins Abraham and bute being the best . Haye is decent but really who has he beat ? Enzo mac , mormek, Ruiz , valuev and chisora who's lost his last 3 and he's lost to klitchko and Thompson .
              So I think it's fair to have khan on par with those two and way ahead of brook , Mitchell burns and Rees he would beat all those boys with in my opinion only really Mitchell having a real chance of winning maybe brook if he caught him flush .
              Great reply Jim,
              And maybe you're right. This thread started soon after his loss to Garcia & there may well have been a few jerking of the knees going on. On the flip side a top champion should be able to beat all comers & Khan got blown out twice - firstly by Prescott, who's since shown himself to be below World Class (albeit with top class power) - & secondly by Garcia (who may well go on to a great career) but whom I remember struggling mightily against Ashley Theophane and who hadn't truly knocked out a top notch fighter until he met Khan.

So the next year or so should tell us more about Khan's standing as we watch his (and Garcia's) next few bouts. Plus the result of the Burns Mitchell which might well shove one of them into a different level.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                Great reply Jim,
                And maybe you're right. This thread started soon after his loss to Garcia & there may well have been a few jerking of the knees going on. On the flip side a top champion should be able to beat all comers & Khan got blown out twice - firstly by Prescott, who's since shown himself to be below World Class (albeit with top class power) - & secondly by Garcia (who may well go on to a great career) but whom I remember struggling mightily against Ashley Theophane and who hadn't truly knocked out a top notch fighter until he met Khan.

So the next year or so should tell us more about Khan's standing as we watch his (and Garcia's) next few bouts. Plus the result of the Burns Mitchell which might well shove one of them into a different level.
                I know what your saying neither Prescott or Garcia are never going to be top p4p fighters yet they ko'd khan but I think he has lost them fights due to lack of respect I think now he's been done again he will get his defence together it's going to be in his head all the time to make sure his protecting that chin cause I think hes accepted now that he is vulnerable .
                As far as burns v Mitchell I hope Mitchell gets it , I really rate him when he's dedicated and focused he's a world class fighter if he gets past burns I'd like to see him in with rios even at 140 I think mitchell would beat him .

You mention theopane giving Garcia trouble and i know he just lost but i wish he was matched against someone decent who he's motivated for because he's a good fighter maybe not top class but a worthy challenger for a belt

Comment

ashley thephane is overrated boxer fullstop no ifs or buts about it

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
                    khan but I think he has lost them fights due to lack of respect
                    So true. So very, very true.

I, and many others, said before the fight he needs to stop talking about "I'm going to welter after this" & just focus on Garcia. Lennox used to do the same thing* & he got a couple of stoppages because of this too.

* Lewis never said he was moving to Welter as far as I am aware.

Comment

Who do u think he should fight next ?

Comment

Working...
                      X