No announcement yet.

canelo the future?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Of course it's not great. It's a good current win for a young, 21 year old contender finding his feet and getting contender level experience.
    Yes, it would be a good win for a 21 year old contender, but Canelo isn't a contender, he's the WBC 154 champion.

Comment

If Golden Boy gives us the fights that we want to see than yeah he will be the future I would like to see him in there with Kirkland or Ortiz if Ortiz beats Berto.

Comment

Canelo did beat a top 10 fighter in Rhodes and a vet in Cintron. Even though Kermit lost, in the later rounds when he opened up, Kermit was tagging Canelo. Canelo should fight another top 10 jr mw. Don't know how he will do against Molina cuz never seen Molina fight. Canelo can beat Bundrage due age. The rest can give him trouble and give him a defeat.

Comment

Apart from being a ginger mexican there's nothing really special i can see in the kid.Although i might be wrong in the future.

Comment

Yeah Canelo will be the future...if he wins. He puts butts in seats plain and simple. He knocks dudes out. That's what we like to see. He has shown enough skill that it looks like he's not a bum. He will always get good fights cuz of the payday that his fanbase will bring. Kinda like Arturo Gatti without the blood. I don't think he's the next Marvin Hagler but he should be good enough to be around for a while.

Comment

pretty much agree with everyone else on canelo,can see gbp keeping his fights in-house.plus theres plenty more NAMES! around 154 that he could fight to pad out his record i.e mosley,p williams etc.this is not what i want to see but its a fact that this is how it works-start off fighting bums then gradually start fighting NAMES that are over the hill( example amir khan vs barrera)just to note that there is a recent oscar interview on here where he says gbp are only interested in making the fights that the fans want to see.so we can expect canelo vs martinez or cotto then!

Comment

Hey Canelo! Fight a championship schedule or give up the belt!

Comment

Working...
                X